Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Jundle
Jundle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX International
how to import folders in hierachy and css file altogether

Hi, I'm a newbie in all respect - my new kindle dx and new to html, css and calibre.

I am trying to make kindle version of bible for myself.

There are 66 books (Genesis to Revealation) and each books, several chapters to 150 chapter for the book of psalm. In other words, many many htmls.

There is one css file controlling all the style.
There is TOC with links to 66 books, but it goes to the 1st chapter of the book.

My questions are 1.) how to add these files to calibre? What other files are necessary for it to work? Is it better to combine all the chapters within each book? For example, Psalm has 150 chapters (150 htmls). Should I combine 150 htmls to one html and by doing append a particular named book tag like Psalm in front of each chapters? So the existing tag reads like <Ch1>, then change like <PSCh>?

I figure that there will be other questions along the way, but, this is the first step I want to do to test and get these books into Kindle DX.

Your help, very much appreciated.
J.T.
Jundle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You might wander down 1 forum to to the Sigil group.
Inside EPUB is (x)html and the other stuff you need.
Sigil .2 (now in Beta) looks as easy as a 150 clicks to get the files into a row
A couple of more hundred clicks if the files don't have H(1,2,3) tags already, that will be used for the TOC.

The results (EPUB) can be brought into Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Jundle

Thanks for showing the direction. I'll give a try.
J.T.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
When you import an HTML file, Calibre will follow links to other related files. It then puts all the files it has collected into a ZIP file stored in Calibre. Therefore you may find that adding the TOC file pulls all the other files in. Easy enough to try it and see?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
Jundle

Thank you itimpi. Yes. i did a test with and it did pull the contents, even as far as sub directories.
Advert

Tags
calibre, importing htmls, kindle dx, merging htmls