Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: The Sony Reader is available for order. Did you order it already?
Yes! 24 46.15%
No. 28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #121
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan
Only 200 initial stock for an item that the company has been hyping for 8 months?! Either that number was analy extracted by the CS rep or Sony is even dumber than we thought....
Probably 200 available for sale through that particular channel. Borders and the other outlets would have priority ...
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #122
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Day 7 of the journey but getting closer!

Quote:
Date Time Description Location
October 2, 2006 8:50 PM Sortation Center Departure MARTINSBURG, WV
September 30, 2006 2:51 AM Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV
September 28, 2006 8:00 AM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 9:20 AM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 12:00 AM Pickup LONG BEACH, CA
Have I ranted latley on how lame Sony is for making us use this stupid shipping method the first day?

I hope my reader got out on the town at the sortation stops. Perhaps I'll find some cool pictures or it will have picked out a couple of good books

Let's see who ends up with the most stops on the way to delivery from Fedex "Smart"Post. I think I have one more sortation center to go before they pass it on to my post office.

Last edited by Greg G; 10-02-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2006, 03:07 AM   #123
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
I do not order Sony Reader but I am considering.
It is rumored that a sony store in Taipei Taiwan is selling the Sony Reader.
I wish it is true but I don't know.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:28 AM   #124
big_stan
big_stan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G
Day 7 of the journey but getting closer!

Have I ranted latley on how lame Sony is for making us use this stupid shipping method the first day?
My god, I have to say it's one of the most frustrating things I've ever seen. I bought mine online the second one could be bought. Now its apparently been stuck in "MARTINSBURG, WV" since September 30th!

I'm hoping the website just hasn't been updated, but at this point I'm not too hopeful. I actually work from home most of the time, so every time I see a USPS truck pass I get my hopes up (only to have them dashed when it doesn't stop). I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to happen already.

Sony really should have used a faster shipping method, especially for the first units shipped out.
At this point it's starting to look like it would have been better for me to buy the unit at a store.
big_stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #125
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Day 9 - Can anyone beat this crazyness?

Quote:
October 4, 2006 12:57 PM Enroute JERSEY CITY,NJ
October 4, 2006 6:21 AM Sortation Center Departure EDISON, NJ
October 4, 2006 6:08 AM Acceptance JERSEY CITY, NJ *
October 3, 2006 6:46 PM Electronic Shipping Info Received JERSEY CITY, NJ *
October 3, 2006 4:19 AM Sortation Center Arrival EDISON, NJ
October 2, 2006 8:50 PM Sortation Center Departure MARTINSBURG, WV
September 30, 2006 2:51 AM Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV
September 28, 2006 8:00 AM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 9:20 AM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
September 27, 2006 12:00 AM Pickup LONG BEACH, CA

Last edited by Greg G; 10-04-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #126
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
It amazes me that mine has made it half way across the globe in less time than it's taken yours to cross the country.
Quote:
Into Foreign Customs, October 04, 2006, 9:37 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
Arrived Abroad, October 04, 2006, 9:17 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
International Dispatch, October 03, 2006, 9:38 am, SAN FRANCISCO AMC
Enroute, October 03, 2006, 9:36 am, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128
Enroute, October 02, 2006, 3:28 pm, SEATTLE, WA 98158
Acceptance, October 02, 2006, 10:53 am, REDMOND, WA 98052
Enroute, October 02, 2006, 9:54 am, REDMOND, WA 98052
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #127
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Perhaps Sony should outsource their distribution to me
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #128
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim8fury
It amazes me that mine has made it half way across the globe in less time than it's taken yours to cross the country.
Pff, it's only ~250 miles, you could've driven it in ~5 hours!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 AM   #129
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
True but by that token I could've collected mine in person in less than 13 hours.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #130
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My point was more that it's taken them 5 days to go 250 miles.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:24 PM   #131
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Got mine. Here's some unboxing photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45395426@N00/261571128/
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #132
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
My package arrived!! Girlfriend just unpacked the package and it seems all complete. Now I have to wait till Thanksgiving before I can pick it up ;(
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #133
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane
Got mine. Here's some unboxing photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45395426@N00/261571128/
Nice pics! Wish I could also unbox mine now
Old 10-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #134
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Now I have to wait till Thanksgiving before I can pick it up ;(
I assume there's some reason she's not just going to ship it to you? Ah, perhaps that's her garauntee that you'll come see her!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #135
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I assume there's some reason she's not just going to ship it to you? Ah, perhaps that's her garauntee that you'll come see her!
She said she is holding it hostage to make sure her boyfriend comes visit her ;(