Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Happymonster
Happymonster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Unhappy Endless opening book, menu cycle

Hello all,

I am hoping that some kind soul can help me with this problem with my Sony Reader that I bought last week.

After having some issues with the Sony Reader Library Software (several lock ups and crashes on XP SP3) I've has several problems with the reader going into an eternal opening book -> menu (with loading circle) -> opening book cycle. I have since deleted all the content and used Calibre, but it still has the same problem even after leaving for half an hour.

I cannot power off with the power button, it does nothing.
I cannot do a reset with the little hole in the bottom of the machine.

So, I can connect vis USB and move / delete content (or files via windows), but when I remove the USB it just goes back into this cycle.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Richard
Happymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try a hard reset. Search forums for the steps (they depend on the model).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Here is reset info for the 300 from the Sony site....

WARNING: A hard reset will erase all content on the Reader.

1. Power off the Reader.
2. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using the stylus, press the RESET button.
3. Turn on the Reader.
4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold down the down arrow of the directional button and the 0 button until the Reset All screen is displayed.

NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the Reader's battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.
5. Press the 5 button to reset the Reader.

Region

Canada
United States
Products

PRS300 Series
Last Modified Date: 12-15-2009ID: C1006378
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
Happymonster
Happymonster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Thank you for your help!

I think I've fixed it.. It seemed that by accident I uploaded the original .lit files as well as the calibre converted ones. Onces I removed those it seems to work ok (for the moment!)

BTW: Is it possible to change the default fonts to Sans Serif ones for TXT and RTF formats? Perhaps with the russian flashed patch?
Happymonster is offline   Reply With Quote