Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
question about the pocket pro usb charger

Hi All,

I would like to ask someone who has the pocket pro, to check what kind of USB charger they ship with it? Is it a 500mA or a 1A (1000mA) charger?

Thanks and best regards,

Robert
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by robvarga View Post
Hi All,

I would like to ask someone who has the pocket pro, to check what kind of USB charger they ship with it? Is it a 500mA or a 1A (1000mA) charger?

Thanks and best regards,

Robert
1A (1000 mA) 100-240V mains
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
1A (1000 mA) 100-240V mains
Thanks,

Robert
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Is this charger sent to European countries as well? I'm asking because I'm thinking of buying an Astak device, and this charger won't fit.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Is this charger sent to European countries as well? I'm asking because I'm thinking of buying an Astak device, and this charger won't fit.
AKAIK the charger will ONLY need a prong adapter.
The mains voltage/frequency part is universal.

The Jinke site part shows theirs with round pins, rather than the flat blades used in North America (and Japan).
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One more thing I need to worry about. Now I need to figure out where to get one...

Hm, didn't mean to sound so negative. It's just that most of our electronic stores employees are not up to date with technology. I went to get a book light for a friend yesterday and only one person out of six stores knew what it was. It'll probably be the same with the adapter.

Last edited by citac; 01-09-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
One more thing I need to worry about. Now I need to figure out where to get one...
Just about any store that caters to travel power adapters should have them.

In the US Electronics parts stores like Radio Shack, Fry's have them as well. for about US$ 3
Old 01-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Just about any store that caters to travel power adapters should have them.

In the US Electronics parts stores like Radio Shack, Fry's have them as well. for about US$ 3
I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I highly doubt these stores would ship to my country, especially such a cheap item. From what I could see, those ereader manufacturers devices that do ship internationally charge anywhere from $30-80, depending on whether it's UPS, FedEx, DHL or something else. Hence my frustration.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I highly doubt these stores would ship to my country, especially such a cheap item. From what I could see, those ereader manufacturers devices that do ship internationally charge anywhere from $30-80, depending on whether it's UPS, FedEx, DHL or something else. Hence my frustration.
You can use a .5A USB charger. It just takes longer.
But maybe the folks at Astak could be convinced to include a specific country adapter in the shipment. (They are about 4 blocks from the Fry's in San Jose, CA.) or stock a different adapter from their Manufacturer.

Last edited by theducks; 01-09-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Link does not work
Old 01-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
You can use a .5A USB charger. It just takes longer.
But maybe the folks at Astak could be convinced to include a specific country adapter in the shipment. (They are about 4 blocks from the Fry's in San Jose, CA.) or stock a different adapter from their Manufacturer.
That's good to know, and I don't mind if it takes longer. I won't be buying one yet, and I haven't checked every single store in my city, so there's still a chance I'll find some people who know what I'm talking about. Thank you!