Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Hand Holding ;)

In a recent discussion, people described how they held their jetBooks. I couldn't quite figure some of them out. Here are the three positions I use.

1718 is the most common.
1713 is good for a break.
1717 is for when I'm feeling dexterous.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1718.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	37109   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1713.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	37110   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1717.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	37111  
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
In my case, in my left hand, somewhat like the first pic.

Thumb on page turn button, but little finger is not tipped up like that, and the jetbook is rotated right somewhat. Pics tommorow, good topic!
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 03:40 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I had a crush on my PRS 505 when I got it back in June, Jack ... but I fell head over heels in love with it when I bought a its black soft leather cover a month or so later. There's a little pop-stud-held loop on the back, which looks like it might be meant to wear on a belt -- seems useless; but I very soon found that I can hold the reader now in an open left hand, simply by slipping my index finger or first and second fingers together through that loop.

My left thumb is free to turn pages using the wheel, and my right hand is absolutely fancy free to hold my glass of crusted port, support a fine Havana cigar, pinch the bottoms of bikini-clad models as they pass my chair, or click my fingers for the head waiter at the Cafe de Paris in Monte Carlo.

Seriously, it's the most comfortable reading I've experienced since I learned my ABC nearly six decades ago. A little bonus is that the cover (I think it cost about thirty bucks and threatens to last at least for my life time) is that it instantly converts the reader into something that looks, feels and even smells like the highest quality hardback you could imagine.

Cheers. Neil

Last edited by neilmarr; 10-09-2009 at 03:42 AM. Reason: typo
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
My left thumb is free to turn pages using the wheel, and my right hand is absolutely fancy free to hold my glass of crusted port, support a fine Havana cigar, pinch the bottoms of bikini-clad models as they pass my chair, or click my fingers for the head waiter at the Cafe de Paris in Monte Carlo.
Ah, but Neil, if you had a jetBook, with more hand positions, you could reach the models on BOTH sides of your chaise without strain.

Ereaders are superior to other written media, since they allow simultaneous manipulation of literature and port.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Jack I apologize sir, I recently thought of this thread while I was reading, and looked down to see exactly how I did it. First pic nails me to a tee, although I do sometimes rest the bottom right corner of my jetbook on my leg to rest my little finger.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 03:25 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***Ereaders are superior to other written media, since they allow simultaneous manipulation of literature and port***

Now there's a quote worth stealing, Jack. Karma to you. Bottoms up. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
lol, this is the best jetBook thread ive seen in a while!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote