Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #31
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Yes, I'm sure the Apple Tablet will be out RSN. After all, analysts and media types have been predicting it since 2002 or so. I'm sure they'll be right one of these decades.

I agree that the title of the article is a bit extreme, and the interviewee (Collingridge) does not have any insider information -- but really, neither do all the bloggers, analysts and self-designated experts who claim to have insider info as well. They clutch at straws like rumors that "Apple is receiving large shipments of books." Collingridge is just being skeptical and not buying into the hype surrounding a non-existent product.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:59 AM   #32
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
Yes, I'm sure the Apple Tablet will be out RSN. After all, analysts and media types have been predicting it since 2002 or so. I'm sure they'll be right one of these decades.
So you've been there too eh? I have to admit, this media blitz is way stronger than anything in the past rumor cycles. I still highly doubt 99.99% of what is said. I do believe that Apple would be looking into a larger form factor of the iPod Touch but I also believe that Jobs will knock anything even remotely bad down with more than a hint of antipathy. It's hilarious the have an entire flame-fest in the boards when there's nothing whatsoever to go by on what Apple's plans are.

Apple loves this kind of attention.

And for all of you apple and general computer technology release newbies out there, you really ought to educate yourselves on the apple product release cycle as it has rung absolutely true now for a long, long time.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert