Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Calibre won't convert files.

Dear Kovid and users of Calibre,

My Calibre worked fine until recently, but right now I'm having trouble getting it to convert files. The jobs: 4 things will run and run and run and run and get nowhere. When I click on it to see the list of jobs, it says Status: Working, there is a blank bar for progress and Unavailable next to it.

The only thing I could think of is that recently I installed a new antivirus program. But disabling it didn't do the trick. I'm really stumped and not sure what is going on. I did have a run-in with a couple of virus/worms and haven't gotten around to formatting computer yet (antivirus program supposedly took care of it).. but I'd gotten a few blue screens while I had the worm about Terminal Services not being available and such. Could that be it?

I really want to figure out how to get calibre to work again, as my reader is infinitely less useful without calibre. Thanks!
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ouble click on the jobs to see ongoing output from them, or run at he command prompt

Code:
any2lrf filename.ebook
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Thanks, Kovid. Cmd.exe wasn't even working, my computer is truly in need of a rehaul. I managed to fix the problem using chkdsk and all is well.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote