Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Where Can I Buy a Kobo Aura In The Denver, Colorado Area

Want to get my hands on one before I buy it. Any stores in the Denver area carry these?

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No US stores have them.

I stand corrected, see below.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-26-2013 at 07:52 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If I could play with one before buying would have another reader that I don't really need. Thanks for saving my budget.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I would want to handle one before buying, too. That uneven back gives me pause. I really don't think I would like it. Aesthetic, I know. But aesthetics can make or break a relationship with a device.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Want to get my hands on one before I buy it. Any stores in the Denver area carry these?

Thanks
One of my in-laws bought one at a Family Christian store in Everett, WA. What I really want to know is what she was doing in a Christian bookstore. Their store locator does not show any stores in Denver directly but about 4 within a short distance.

One caution is that my sister-in-law was told by the clerk that stock on the Auras was spotty. She was lucky enough to buy their only Espresso.

Bon chance!
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
That uneven back gives me pause. I really don't think I would like it. Aesthetic, I know. But aesthetics can make or break a relationship with a device.
it is not only aesthetic, those lines on the back would direct your finger towards the power button and light button, makes it a bit easier to use while reading at night or just plain using touch rather than sight.
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I would want to handle one before buying, too. That uneven back gives me pause. I really don't think I would like it. Aesthetic, I know. But aesthetics can make or break a relationship with a device.
The grooves at the back of the Aura is not as deep as it looks. I have no difficulty holding the device.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I don't think I have heard anyone say they loved the back when they first get the device. I know I was not a fan. I also know that after using the Aura for a week or so, I sure did like it a whole lot more. I have small hands. At this point (I have had the device since it was first released) I would not want to have it flat. I guess change is hard for me.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I bought an Aura, and it didn't do much for me. I didn't care for the extra weight and thickness. I felt like I needed to use two hands while reading (I normally use one with my Glo). The Aura also "felt" heavier on first impression; holding each in one hand the weight seems very similar, but in actual use the weight (and bulk) seemed noticeable.

I did like the larger screen size. But in the end, I kept the Glo.

Buying in a store to give it test run seems like a good idea if the store has a liberal return policy. Also, with the reports of dead pixels, shipping problems to the U.S., and poor online system, I wouldn't want to buy anything from Kobo online (I would want the piece of mind of an easy return that hopefully a B&M offers).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote