Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
goggin
Enthusiast
goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
KFHD - Silk browser removed key accessibility features

Got my new KFHD and love it...except for the Silk browser. They removed the two accessibility features I need - the ability to reflow text after zooming and the ability to zoom on all pages regardless of their settings.

These are basic accessibility features on nearly every other browser and were present on the original Kindle Fire. Why did they remove these basic accessibility features from the KFHD?

Sheesh! So within minutes of this disappointment, I got the Dolphin HD browser installed and am now totally happy with my KFHD. BTW, there are no 3rd party browsers available for the KFHD in the Amazon App Store...you have to go to GetJar or 1Mobile.

I do have to wonder about Amazon and this special browser of theirs, though. To leave out these features and then set up Silk as the only browser available, that's messed up.
goggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by goggin View Post
Got my new KFHD and love it...except for the Silk browser. They removed the two accessibility features I need - the ability to reflow text after zooming and the ability to zoom on all pages regardless of their settings.

These are basic accessibility features on nearly every other browser and were present on the original Kindle Fire. Why did they remove these basic accessibility features from the KFHD?

Sheesh! So within minutes of this disappointment, I got the Dolphin HD browser installed and am now totally happy with my KFHD. BTW, there are no 3rd party browsers available for the KFHD in the Amazon App Store...you have to go to GetJar or 1Mobile.

I do have to wonder about Amazon and this special browser of theirs, though. To leave out these features and then set up Silk as the only browser available, that's messed up.
Be sure to leave them feedback. On the old Fire there was a feedback app you could do this with. Accessibility features is a must and they should not remove them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert