Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-07-2023, 06:44 AM   #1
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur
Winkelschraube began at the beginning.

Device: The (orly) amazing Kindle Oasis 3
Smile Simple PDF Reader needed

Hi,

I have an jailbroken KOA3 with FW 5.13.7.1. For book reading I use the great KOreader.

I would like to have a separate PDF reader. (Since I want to have only books in the Koreader stats.)

Does anyone know a good reader?
Winkelschraube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 07:38 AM   #2
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelschraube View Post
Hi,

I have an jailbroken KOA3 with FW 5.13.7.1. For book reading I use the great KOreader.

I would like to have a separate PDF reader. (Since I want to have only books in the Koreader stats.)

Search for KUAL and look for the addons/applets
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2023, 07:47 AM   #3
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Can you show me a pdf reader?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=205064
Old 04-07-2023, 12:14 PM   #4
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelschraube View Post
Hi,

I used to use k2pdfopt to pre-process PDF documents and then use the PDF reader built into the Kindle. Have you checked out this option? You might need to tweak some of the options to make best use of the KOA33 screen, but even the default processing might make using the built-in PDF reader acceptable.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 01:23 PM   #5
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Thanks for your answer. These are sheets with music notes. I can't convert them like that.

But I have now tried the Kindle build in reader program after your tip. It works. I didn't know that the Kindle can display PDF by itself.

Basically I have with that a working solution. But I would like to have a separate program for the song sheets. So I have to scroll through the file names again to launch KOreader.
Advert
Old 04-20-2023, 03:06 PM   #6
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur

Here is a clean way with Koreader:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10308