Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #1261
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.7.17 - 26 Mar 2013
  • Another fix for fanfiction.net changes.
  • Fix for collision setting when re-opening the add dialog.
  • Shorten button name to FanFictionDL.
Language metadata was getting filled with a bad value.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #1262
cawilliams1
cawilliams1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Just installed v1.7.17 then restarted Calibre. I'm able to load fanfiction.net stories again, but I'm no longer able to start at a specific chapter. I'm now forced to download all chapters.

For example: I would normally enter http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9076757/[6-]. This should download chapters 6 and 7 but instead I'm getting the entire story.

This is working correctly for http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com.
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #1263
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawilliams1 View Post
For example: I would normally enter http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9076757/[6-]. This should download chapters 6 and 7 but instead I'm getting the entire story.
It's http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9076757/[6,] not [6-]. [6-] doesn't match the regexp it's looking for and gets ignored.

Although I suppose there's no reason not to accept either '-' or ','. I'll add that in the next version.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #1264
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Testing:
  • Fix for obscure bug in migrating settings from old JSON file.
  • Allow [1-2] as well as [1,2] after URLs for partial downloads.

UPDATE Mar 28, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-28-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 03-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #1265
cawilliams1
cawilliams1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for looking. You're right. If I use ',' it works just fine. Thanks for correcting my mental hiccup. I'm sure that's what I've been doing all along, and just managed to confuse myself tonight.
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #1266
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
I’m having three categories of difficulty:
reviews/favs/follows >3 digits long, strings containing “()” and strings containing “&”.

I’m using Mac OS 10.7.5, calibre 0.9.22, and Fanfiction Downloader 1.7.12

1) I’ve got custom columns for reviews/favs/follows on Fanfiction.net. I formatted them the same way that the instructions for the Count Pages plugin tells us to format the custom columns for “words” and “pages” i.e.: {0:,}
How did you get the reviews/comments to show up in the FFDL custom columns drop down boxes?

I made a custom column using instructions from Count Pages but in FFDL on the custom column tab it only gave me the options to choose Words or Chapters.

I'd appreciate any and all advice because this sounds like a handy feature.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #1267
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
How did you get the reviews/comments to show up in the FFDL custom columns drop down boxes?
They don't. The drop downs only show metadata items that are common across most sites.

However, you can assign site-specific metadata to custom columns on the personal.ini tab. To quote the defaults.ini:
Code:
## (Plugin Only) - You can also populate calibre custom columns with
## the site specific metadata using custom_columns_settings (but only
## if 'Allow custom_columns_settings from personal.ini' is checked in
## the plugin GUI config.)  There are three parts, the entry name,
## then the label of the calibre custom column, then (optionally) a
## 'mode'.  'r' to Replace any existing values, 'a' to Add to existing
## value (use with tag-like columns), and 'n' for setting on New books
## only.  (Default is 'r'.)
## Each metadata=>column mapping must be on a separate line and each
## needs to have one space at the start of each line.
Possible example for ffnet:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
custom_columns_settings:
 reviews=>#reviews
 favs=>#favs
 follows=>#follows
Old 03-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #1268
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1, RIM Playbook & Z10, Samsung Note, MacOSX
Quote:
I didn't actually. I set it in the personal.ini tab of the Customize FanFictionDownLoader. Under [www.fanfiction.net], I've got (along with a bunch of other stuff not directly related to the question):
Code:
extra_valid_entries:reviews,favs,follows,
custom_columns_settings:
 reviews=>#reviews,r
 favs=>#favs,r
 follows=>#follows,r
Ack. Sorry for the duplication. Gee whiz you're fast JimmXinu.

Last edited by seabream; 03-27-2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: apology added
Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #1269
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
Ack. Sorry for the duplication. Gee whiz you're fast JimmXinu.
Eh, sometimes I'm sitting here a post comes in.

I do appreciate help fielding questions, though. Some of these features I don't actually use myself.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #1270
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
They don't. The drop downs only show metadata items that are common across most sites.

However, you can assign site-specific metadata to custom columns on the personal.ini tab. To quote the defaults.ini:
Code:
## (Plugin Only) - You can also populate calibre custom columns with
## the site specific metadata using custom_columns_settings (but only
## if 'Allow custom_columns_settings from personal.ini' is checked in
## the plugin GUI config.)  There are three parts, the entry name,
## then the label of the calibre custom column, then (optionally) a
## 'mode'.  'r' to Replace any existing values, 'a' to Add to existing
## value (use with tag-like columns), and 'n' for setting on New books
## only.  (Default is 'r'.)
## Each metadata=>column mapping must be on a separate line and each
## needs to have one space at the start of each line.
Possible example for ffnet:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
custom_columns_settings:
 reviews=>#reviews
 favs=>#favs
 follows=>#follows
Hi, thanks for responding so quickly! One last follow up question, would this also work on Archive of Our Own? Or is it specific to ff.net?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #1271
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Hi, thanks for responding so quickly! One last follow up question, would this also work on Archive of Our Own? Or is it specific to ff.net?
Well, they're called site-specific metadata, so that's a hint.

If you look through the defaults.ini (button at the bottom of the personal.ini tab) you find:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
## AO3 adapter defines a few extra metadata entries.
extra_valid_entries:fandoms,freeformtags,freefromtags,ao3categories,comments,kudos,hits,bookmarks,collections
Those are the site-specific metadata available for archiveofourown.org.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #1272
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Well, they're called site-specific metadata, so that's a hint.

If you look through the defaults.ini (button at the bottom of the personal.ini tab) you find:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
## AO3 adapter defines a few extra metadata entries.
extra_valid_entries:fandoms,freeformtags,freefromtags,ao3categories,comments,kudos,hits,bookmarks,collections
Those are the site-specific metadata available for archiveofourown.org.
I'm such a dolt! I completely missed that!

Thanks for clarifying!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #1273
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.18 - 28 Mar 2013
  • Fix for failure to correctly load old JSON settings.
  • Allow partial download with <url>[1-5] in addition to <url>[1,5].
  • Add author to chapter TOC for multi-author stories on TtH and WraithBait. (AO3 doesn't reliably report chapter author.)
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #1274
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
  • Add author to chapter TOC for multi-author stories on TtH and WraithBait. (AO3 doesn't reliably report chapter author.)
FYI, that may also make the list of authors shrink for some stories on TtH.

Before, FFDL would include all authors for a story who both had contributed chapters and had permission to contribute, but hadn't yet. Now it only includes authors who have actually written chapters.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #1275
SallyK
Enthusiast
SallyK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
Hi,

Could I make another request for an archive to be added to the plug-in?

A Man from Uncle archive - http://chromeandgunmetal.net/chrome/index.html

Thank you very much for all your work on one of the most useful programs on the net.
Closed Thread