Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #1171
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherbroke View Post
i am having an issue with one story in particular?

http://www.restrictedsection.org/story.php?story=1284

is the story im trying to get. I am getting a 'list index out of range' error.
There's something funky with the html of most of this story that causes it to not parse correctly. I'll have to do some research into it to figure it, but it should be fixable--just more than I want to start on tonight yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #1172
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
There's something funky with the html of most of this story that causes it to not parse correctly. I'll have to do some research into it to figure it, but it should be fixable--just more than I want to start on tonight yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
I found a way around the HTML issue (several sites have similar HTML issues).

That revealed that a) restrictedsection.org wasn't happy about being hit quite that fast and b) FFDL wasn't handling the "Unable to connect to the database" errors well.

I have addressed those issues in the attached version, too. It will a bit slower downloading restrictedsection.org stories now, but that's better than swamping their server.

Give it a try and let me know if it solves your problem.

UPDATE: Remove obsolete beta versions Feb 04 2013

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-04-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #1173
gopherbroke
gopherbroke began at the beginning.

Device: nook HD+
Quote:
I found a way around the HTML issue (several sites have similar HTML issues).

That revealed that a) restrictedsection.org wasn't happy about being hit quite that fast and b) FFDL wasn't handling the "Unable to connect to the database" errors well.

I have addressed those issues in the attached version, too. It will a bit slower downloading restrictedsection.org stories now, but that's better than swamping their server.

Give it a try and let me know if it solves your problem.
IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much! I bow graciously to your awesomeness.
:t hanks:
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #1174
inkbrush
inkbrush began at the beginning.

Device: none
The plugin is working beautifully for me on every site except for grangerenchanted.com. I tried pulling several different works, but whether or not they were members-only or not seemed not to matter. It give me this error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strftime'

I ran calibre in debug mode and got this (I took out my name):
Spoiler:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strftime'

FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.__init__(152):tryin g url:http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...2336&warning=1
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.__init__(154):fixed url:http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=2336
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_grangerench antedcom(51):storyId: (2336)
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.__init__(152):tryin g url:http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...2336&warning=1
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.__init__(154):fixed url:http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=2336
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_grangerench antedcom(51):storyId: (2336)
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.__init__(152):tryin g url:http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=2336
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_grangerench antedcom(136):URL: http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=2336
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_grangerench antedcom(109):Will now login to URL (http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...p?action=login) as ()
FFDL:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plu gin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_grangerencha ntedcom(115):Failed to login to URL http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...p?action=login as
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_grangerench antedcom(136):URL: http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=2336
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_grangerench antedcom(109):Will now login to URL (http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...p?action=login) as (sliver)
FFDL:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_pl ugin.fanficdownloader.adapters.adapter_grangerench antedcom(136):URL: http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...t=ok&warning=1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 324, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 624, in get_metadata_for_book
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.fanfi cdownloader.adapters.base_adapter", line 241, in getStoryMetadataOnly
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.fanfi cdownloader.story", line 269, in setMetadata
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strftime'
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.9.14 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-11.4.2-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '11.4.2', 'Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Thu Aug 23 16:25:48 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1699.32.7~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.3
OSX: ('10.7.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Starting up...
macmenuhack file_path:/Users/(name)/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/fanfictiondownloader_macmenuhack.txt
Started up in 11.59 seconds with 10 books
url:(http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...2336&warning=1) begin:(None) end:(None)
FanFictionDownLoader v1.7.5
url:http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=2336
Login Failed, Need Username/Password.
Exception: {u'comment': u"'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strftime'", u'begin': None, u'good': False, u'end': None, u'author': [u'Unknown'], u'url': u'http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/viewstory.php?sid=2336', u'author_sort': [u'Unknown'], u'calibre_id': None, u'added': False, u'title': u'Unknown'}:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strftime'
Fetched metadata for 1 of 1
ITUNES.shutdown()

Last edited by inkbrush; 02-03-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: disabling smilies
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #1175
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkbrush View Post
The plugin is working beautifully for me on every site except for grangerenchanted.com. I tried pulling several different works, but whether or not they were members-only or not seemed not to matter. It give me this error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strftime'

I ran calibre in debug mode and got this (I took out my name):
I can't duplicate this problem. The only idea that comes to mind (other that intermittent site problems) is that maybe the skin you have selected on grangerenchanted.com doesn't show the published/updated dates the same way. The account I test with is set to skin 'EnchantedFogWide'. Try that.

If we can establish that it's one or more skins on grangerenchanted.com that have the problem, I can look into fixing it.
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #1176
inkbrush
inkbrush began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
The account I test with is set to skin 'EnchantedFogWide'. Try that.

If we can establish that it's one or more skins on grangerenchanted.com that have the problem, I can look into fixing it.
I am now really confused.

I was using the 'enchant' skin first. I switched to enchantedfogwide and tried downloading 2336 again with the same results. I then went through a couple different skins - dramione, dramioneskin, sirimione. At sirimione, I tried downloading http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=4977, which didn't automatically spit out a 'Nonetype' error but let the job run, and then told me I had a bad update, and gave me this error:
Error
Prisoner of War
LadyKrobley
Error downloading Chapter: http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...er=1&warning=2! Missing required element!
http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=4977

I tried another random story, but http://grangerenchanted.com/enchant/...y.php?sid=4982 gave me the expected 'NoneType...' error straight off the bat. So then I went back to the dramione site skin and tried 4982 & 4977 with the exact same results.

I don't know. I'll have some more time on Monday to do more skin testing, but I wonder if it's got to do with the stories themselves?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #1177
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@inkbrush -

Both of those stories downloaded fine for me with skin set to 'EnchantedFogWide'.

Have you tried the usual generic remedies? Restarting calibre, rebooting your computer?

Because I don't think there's anything wrong with FFDL here. I suspect either the site isn't sending all the data, or it's getting lost along the way.

Do you get any errors viewing the site around the same time as FFDL gives you errors? Are you trying to do lots of updates all at once?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #1178
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.7 - 04 Feb 2013
  • Improve error handling, add retry for restrictedsection.org.
  • Strip leading 0s from story ids for canonical ids in AO3.
  • Include hyphenation test case in test1 adapter.
  • Make get list url from page fill add dialog, not view log. (PI only)
  • Better fix for Nook hyphenation issue--Nook now honors adobe-hyphenate: none.
  • Remove extra newlines introduced by writer_epub on updates.
  • Fix broken lastupdate tags feature. Defaulted off for PI.
  • Optimize adding to Reading Lists on add/update. (PI only)
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #1179
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.8 - 04 Feb 2013
  • Fix author URLs for multiple author stories.

I do so enjoy finding new bugs mere moments after releasing a new version.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #1180
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.9 - 06 Feb 2013
Old 02-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #1181
SallyK
Enthusiast
SallyK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
Thank you very much to Ida, and to you, for adding Henneth Annun to the plugin - there are such a lot of good stories there, but I've been put off by having to read on the computer.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #1182
greeniron
greeniron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
I don't know if this has already been suggested or if it would be possible but I would really like to be able download a series of stories as a single ebook from Archive of Our Own and other archives that allow series. EPubMerge is a useful workaround but it would be great to be able to update a series as easily as we can a story now. As it is, your plug-in is a delight and enables my fanfic addiction -- possibly to an unhealthy degree. Thank you so much creating it!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #1183
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@greeniron - I have a couple pages of notes and ideas on this already from last month when I was asked about it on the google group.

The thing is that it's really complicated. I've left it on the wish list of things I might work on someday, but it's not a priority.

I'll think about it again and see if I have any new brilliant ideas, though.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #1184
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I've recently tried to download from www.libraryofmoria.com. I noticed that the pairings (or relationships) were being put under the category tag. So, I wanted to put the tags from category under relationships. I tried to fix it using the include_in feature, but nothing seemed to happen. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Code:
[www.libraryofmoria.com]
is_adult:true
include_in_relationships: category
From my understanding, this should have any tags in category showing up in columns that have been assigned relationships, correct?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #1185
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I've recently tried to download from www.libraryofmoria.com. I noticed that the pairings (or relationships) were being put under the category tag.
That's what libraryofmoria.com chose to use as their categories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
So, I wanted to put the tags from category under relationships. I tried to fix it using the include_in feature, but nothing seemed to happen. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
It's just 'ships', not relationships. Apparently I couldn't be bothered to type that much that day.
Code:
[www.libraryofmoria.com]
is_adult:true
include_in_ships: category
That will also include "Lord of the Rings" and FPS, RPS, etc in your ships column. You could use replace_metadata to remove items without '/' in them, I expect.
Closed Thread