Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #1156
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.7.4 - 14 Jan 2013
  • New site: imagine.e-fic.com (Thanks Ida!)
  • Improved error reporting in background jobs.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #1157
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post
Has anyone asked if it was possible to support the Henneth Annun Story Archive(http://www.henneth-annun.net/)?

Getting back in Tolkien fanfiction with the Hobbit film, and I know there's a lot of good stories there.
Looks doable. I'll work on it over the weekend.
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #1158
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Version 1.7.4 - 14 Jan 2013
  • New site: imagine.e-fic.com (Thanks Ida!)
Thank you
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #1159
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.7.5 - 15 Jan 2013
  • New site: buffynfaith.net (Thanks Dan!)
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #1160
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
The latest version's error reporting seems to have a bug; this story that had previously been returning a "has a password" error is now returning "does not exist", though it still seems to be there with a password.
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #1161
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Nope, Fimfic has 'helpfully' changed again.

Fimfic's API is what's reporting 'Invalid story id'. See:
http://www.fimfiction.net/api/story.php?story=5588

I can work around this one by checking the error status from the API after looking for different error states in the scraped text instead of before. Try the attached version.

UPDATE Jan 28 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-28-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #1162
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Heh. Apologies for assuming the bug was in your code, your recent update mentioned doing something with error reporting and then error reporting gave an incorrect result so I jumped to conclusions.

That one case I mentioned above got an appropriate "no password" error result when I retried it with your new code. I'm now running my test collection of miscellaneous broken FiMFiction stories through an update to see if anything is reporting other wrong errors, I'll add further comments if anything else crops up. Thanks!

Edit: 268 stories successfully failed. Glad I didn't get rid of this test library after those other API issues got resolved.

Last edited by FaceDeer; 01-17-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #1163
SallyK
Enthusiast
SallyK began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
Looks doable. I'll work on it over the weekend.
Thank you very much for this - I'm sorry I didn't come back early, I thought I had the thread tracked, and obviously didn't.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #1164
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Version 1.7.5 - 15 Jan 2013
  • New site: buffynfaith.net (Thanks Dan!)
Thank you for supporting buffynfaith.net. I'm having trouble downloading though. I see in the FAQ on the project website that the url format we should use is:

http://buffynfaith.net

Use the URL of the story's chapter list, such as
http://buffynfaith.net/fanfictions/i...ct=vie&id=1234
Or use the URL of any story chapter, such as
http://buffynfaith.net/fanfictions/i...e&id=1234&ch=2

However, when I copied the url http://buffynfaith.net/fanfictions/i...e&id=1443&ch=1 and clicked to Add New from URL(s), FFDL didn't pull the url from the clipboard like it usually does. So I pasted the url in and clicked to download but FFDL didn't download the story.

Also, on the chapter list for this story, the url looks a litle different than the example in your FAQ and FFDL didn't pulll this url from the clipboard, nor did it download it:
http://buffynfaith.net/fanfictions/i...ct=ovr&id=1443

Thanks a lot for your help.
DJRM
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #1165
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrm View Post
Thank you for supporting buffynfaith.net. I'm having trouble downloading though. I see in the FAQ on the project website that the url format we should use is:
Those URLs are working fine for me.

Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin installed and that you restarted calibre.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #1166
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Well I'll be darned. I did have the latest plugin and I did restart when it asked me after install but after restarting again just now, it works.

Thanks again!
DJRM
Old 01-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #1167
cawilliams1
cawilliams1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Error with 1.7.5 pulling from www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com

I'm receiving an error when I try to pull stories from www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com. I have v1.7.5 of FanFictionDownLoader and 0.9.16 of Calibre. Error is "time data '27 Jan 2013' does not match format '%m %d, %Y' ". I also tried pulling a story from www.fanfiction.net with no problems. This did work yesterday (1/26/2013). Help would be appreciated.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #1168
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com changed their date format.

The attached version has a fix for it. I'll put out an official new release tomorrow.

UPDATE Jan 28 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-28-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #1169
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.6 - 28 Jan 2013
  • Fix for a change in fimfiction.net's handling of password protected stories.
  • Fix for thewriterscoffeeshop.com's changed date format.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #1170
gopherbroke
gopherbroke began at the beginning.

Device: nook HD+
omg thank you so much for this plugin. it is amazing. i used to sit for hours copy/pasting so i can read them on my ebook but this saves me a lifetime.

i am having an issue with one story in particular?

http://www.restrictedsection.org/story.php?story=1284

is the story im trying to get. I am getting a 'list index out of range' error.

the story does have 163 chapters so i don't know if that would cause it.

i tried another story from this archive and it worked beautifully so im pretty sure im doing the steps right.

thanks so much for your help and for continuing to better the plugin, even after all these years.

*here's an internet cookie* NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Closed Thread