Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #2056
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidofido300 View Post
Yes when I removed it from \My Library\ it worked.
But I didn`t understand what you mean by saving while in my library. Log File or the Story file ???
Add the story back to 'My Library' on storiesonline.net. Go to the page http://storiesonline.net/s/69022 in your browser. Do File->Save Page As and save the HTML page.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #2057
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Add the story back to 'My Library' on storiesonline.net. Go to the page http://storiesonline.net/s/69022 in your browser. Do File->Save Page As and save the HTML page.
If the story is in the persons library, it opens to the last chapter read rather than the chapter list. If you pull the chapter list from the details page, it will work all the time. For the story above, this is http://storiesonline.net/library/storyInfo.php?id=69022.

Just compared the source I sent with what is in the plugin. You dropped the recognition of the details page. And I was getting the chapters from the details page. I based this on the finestories.com adapter. It reads the details page, not the index and it works for stories in the library.

OK, if the story URL ends with ":i", it goes to the index page all the time. So, http://storiesonline.net/s/69022:i would work. But, this URL is not picked up by either adapter. Again, I thought I had this working, but I just tried my code and it isn't. Changing the last part of the pattern to "\d+(\d+|i))?(;\d+)?$" fixes this.

I just noticed both adapters are reading the authors page to get some of the details. It can get it all from the details page. I'll try and have a better look when I get home tonight.
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #2058
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the story is in the persons library, it opens to the last chapter read rather than the chapter list. If you pull the chapter list from the details page, it will work all the time. For the story above, this is http://storiesonline.net/library/storyInfo.php?id=69022.
Perhaps for premium users. For me, that url doesn't work at all. It just shows the home.php page. That's why I changed the adapter to stop using storyInfo.php.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #2059
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Here's a version that can call Polish Book at the end of FFDL's update. There's an option to turn that on in the config.
I'd like to ask for a further tweak to this option. Could you please make it something similar to the colums, so I could choose to only polish new books?

I only use polish books to update the cover and metadata in the book files.

Dancer
Old 11-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #2060
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Perhaps for premium users. For me, that url doesn't work at all. It just shows the home.php page. That's why I changed the adapter to stop using storyInfo.php.
In that case it makes sense to use the index page. But, it looks like adding ":i" to the link will always get the index page.
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #2061
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Quote:
If you have tweaked your CSS, I trust you can figure out how to add it yourself. That, with replace_br_with_p:true should do what you want.
It... didn't occur to me to try that. This is pretty embarassing... Thanks for the pointer.

Quote:
That option was added for the people who didn't want the site covers to overwrite they custom covers. (FFDL's cover feature predates Polish Book by a couple years.)
Ah! I understand the option better now. The sites I use don't propose covers (or, in the case of FFNet, are pretty much absent), so I didn't see the option that way.

Quote:
Right now the Smarten Punc part is done in the FFDL background job. Calling Polish Book in general would require something different. I'll invest, but no promises.
No worries, that was just a suggestion; after all, just calling the underlying functions of Polish Book should cut down on the amount of code in your own plugin. But I don't even know if it's possible to use the Polish Book functions without also calling its UI.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #2062
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
In that case it makes sense to use the index page. But, it looks like adding ":i" to the link will always get the index page.
Attached is a version that uses the ":i" link to get the index page. See if that works better for premium storiesonline.net users.

UPDATE Nov 4, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-04-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 11-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #2063
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
No worries, that was just a suggestion; after all, just calling the underlying functions of Polish Book should cut down on the amount of code in your own plugin. But I don't even know if it's possible to use the Polish Book functions without also calling its UI.
Okay, I'll drop this idea then.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #2064
fidofido300
fidofido300 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 5
Quote:
Attached is a version that uses the ":i" link to get the index page. See if that works better for premium storiesonline.net users.
attached file gives 'list index out of range' error and wxits without passing information to calibre Jobs to be processed.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #2065
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
attached file gives 'list index out of range' error and wxits without passing information to calibre Jobs to be processed.

I don't have a premium account for storiesonline.net and I don't plan to get one. If I get the saved page I asked for I'll look at it again, but until then I've done what I can with the information I have.

Besides, the released version works if you take the story out of 'My Library', doesn't it?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #2066
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It worked fine for me for a few test cases. If you want to post or PM me the links, I can can try them from here. But...

Quote:

I don't have a premium account for storiesonline.net and I don't plan to get one. If I get the saved page I asked for I'll look at it again, but until then I've done what I can with the information I have.

Besides, the released version works if you take the story out of 'My Library', doesn't it?
I did find some stories that didn't download. The initial fetch gave a "no preview available" message. This wasn't picked up by the need to login check. Then another was blocked by some filtering that can be set on the site. Both of these caused a problem fetching the author page.

I have attached a version of the adapter that fixes both of these. I also changed the site URL pattern to accept the link page URL with the ":i" on it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adapter_storiesonlinenet.zip (3.7 KB, 183 views)
Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #2067
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is a test version with davidfor's latest fixes for storiesonline.net.

UPDATE Nov 5, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-05-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 11-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #2068
fidofido300
fidofido300 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 5
Attached file contains log file for FFDL Process and index and 2 chapters of the tried url.
Thanks for your hard work
Attached Files
File Type: rar ForFFDL.rar (112.8 KB, 151 views)
Old 11-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #2069
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Oh good grief--storiesonline.net paginates chapters?! That's a whole new level of nuisance. It's a good thing that's already implemented--I don't think I would have had the patience.

Attached is a version that fixes fidofido300's most recent problem. (Which wasn't the same problem from this posted log.)

UPDATE Nov 5, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-05-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 11-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #2070
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh good grief--storiesonline.net paginates chapters?! That's a whole new level of nuisance. It's a good thing that's already implemented--I don't think I would have had the patience.
Yes, they paginate submitted stories and chapters that are longer than about 50K. finestories.com does the same.
Quote:
Attached is a version that fixes fidofido300's most recent problem. (Which wasn't the same problem from this posted log.)
Ok, it was failing for stories marked as incomplete. All the dates are there in timestamp format followed by a noscript tag and the date. The others use the noscript version. You could replace that line with the following to be consistent with the other dates.

Code:
value = status.findNext('noscript').text
self.story.setMetadata('dateUpdated', makeDate(stripHTML(value), self.dateformat))
Your version is working perfectly with a few tests. I added some incomplete stories to the test.

Whoops just noticed something in the description. They all have a "[" at the end. Replace lines 209-211 (they all start with "desc =") with:

Code:
desc = "%s"%lc4.text
desc = desc[:desc.index("[More")]
Closed Thread