Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #31
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
Which is worse, having to pony up 10 bucks one time for a micro-SD card for extra storage, or pay 80 a year for Amazon's cloud storage?
I don't see on Amazon's site where it costs $80/year.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #32
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
Which is worse, having to pony up 10 bucks one time for a micro-SD card for extra storage, or pay 80 a year for Amazon's cloud storage?
What's worse is claiming that you need to pay $80 for Amazon cloud storage when it's free.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
What's worse is claiming that you need to pay $80 for Amazon cloud storage when it's free.
Amazon's cloud storage is only free for Amazon content. Some of us already have vast music and video libraries. That means paying Amazon a yearly fee to put it on their cloud and then being tethered to wifi in order to play it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I don't see on Amazon's site where it costs $80/year.
They don't have an $80 plan. They have these plans:
  • 5 GB = free
  • 20 GB = $20/year
  • 50 GB = $50/year
  • 100 GB = $100/year
  • 200 GB = $200/year
  • 500 GB = $500/year
  • 1000 GB = $1,000/year
Old 11-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #35
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They don't have an $80 plan. They have these plans:
  • 5 GB = free
  • 20 GB = $20/year
  • 50 GB = $50/year
  • 100 GB = $100/year
  • 200 GB = $200/year
  • 500 GB = $500/year
  • 1000 GB = $1,000/year
Yeah I know. I have the 20 GB. Again, trying to confront mis-information.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Yeah I know. I have the 20 GB. Again, trying to confront mis-information.
I have that 20GB plan too. My free trial will end next June and I won't be renewing. Right now, I'm using a whopping 0 bytes.

To me, clouds are pointless and have no practical value. Amazon already stores my books for free and they're readily available on my Kindle. I keep my music, audiobooks, and videos on mSD cards. Several cards are more than enough for trips and vacations; and content is easy to swap out via drag and drop.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #37
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Amazon's cloud storage is only free for Amazon content. Some of us already have vast music and video libraries. That means paying Amazon a yearly fee to put it on their cloud and then being tethered to wifi in order to play it.
Then I'd say a Kindle Fire isn't the best option for you. That doesn't make what I said untrue though.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Then I'd say a Kindle Fire isn't the best option for you. That doesn't make what I said untrue though.
Yeah it does, because you didn't qualify it.

Amazon cloud storage above 5GB for non-Amazon content is not free.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #39
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah it does, because you didn't qualify it.

Amazon cloud storage above 5GB for non-Amazon content is not free.
It's 5 Gigs of free of free space to store anything you want. So there's no need to qualify it. And it's STILL not $80 a year.

All of which has nothing to do with my original post, that the 1 Gig Nook limit will be a surprise to most people.