Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Bawstinn
Bawstinn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Disappearing 'Collections'

I created a couple of 'collections' and they have disappeared off of my 'Home' page. For example, I created one called 'Reference' and put the guides and the dictionary in there. If I perform a search, it will search and find the keywords in the guide, but I cannot see them to access.

Thoughts on how to get them back?

Thank you!

Maria
Bawstinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
ricnewb
ricnewb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Have you tried rebooting your Kindle (click Home, Menu, Settings, Menu, Restart)? The same thing happened to my daughter's new Kindle when we changed the registration from my account to hers, and a restart brought them all back.
ricnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
You may need to reboot OR de-register/re-register in some cases

and also make sure you're sorting by Collections by moving the 5-way controller right up to the top of the kindle screen and moving across to the right to sort by collections - this is the one I'd try first
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawstinn View Post
I created a couple of 'collections' and they have disappeared off of my 'Home' page. For example, I created one called 'Reference' and put the guides and the dictionary in there. If I perform a search, it will search and find the keywords in the guide, but I cannot see them to access.

Thoughts on how to get them back?

Thank you!

Maria
Try synchronizing; often helps with collections.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
Robot Monkey
Robot Monkey has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Incredible, Sony PRS-505
I hate to even suggest this, but do you have more than 10 items/collections on your home page? Because with more than 10 items and you'll have to hit NEXT PAGE to see 'em all.
Robot Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Also make sure Sort by Collections is selected....
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Monkey View Post
I hate to even suggest this, but do you have more than 10 items/collections on your home page? Because with more than 10 items and you'll have to hit NEXT PAGE to see 'em all.
I wanted to say this but didn't have the nerve. Go Robot Monkey!
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
My collections disappeared the first time I loaded 'em; I redid 'em, then my K2 froze and wouldn't reboot despite many tries. Amazon ended up sending me a replacement K2 after I went through all the troubleshooting steps with CS. I ended up redoing collections on the replacement without problem.

I've read about others losing collections as well, though mostly months ago. The collections software might have some bugs.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
i too lost my collections this happened after i rebooted my kindle.

this is the first time since the 2.5 upgrade that I rebooted my device.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
My collections disappeared once. I think it might have been after a random reboot. I had to deregister and then reregister to restore them. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again. Good luck!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
Moggy
Moggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2.5
I just tried the de-register/re-register solution, and it worked beautifully. Much time and frustration saved.

It would have been nice if the customer service representatives I spoke with about it (I've had 3-4 disappearance episodes) knew about this. I did inform the one I just spoke with in responding to the obligatory follow-up email.

There is a new update- 2.5.7- currently available via manual download, and hopefully it will fix the AWOL issue permanently.
Moggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
cewood
cewood began at the beginning.

Device: **Product researching!
Just had this same problem, Synchronizing fixed it instantly in my case.

I should mention the state of my Kindle, it had never been registered until just prior, and my collections were made using the "Koll3ctions" tool.
cewood is offline   Reply With Quote