Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 03:38 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
Any good tips on gaining some (10 or so) kgs?
Oh, and that "Just eat anything you see." theory doesn't work.
Do what those sumo wrestlers do! Eat high calory feeds and then rest to let it all settle
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #17
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
http://www.wikihow.com/Gain-Weight
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #18
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
You can have 10 kilos of mine. Then we will both be supermodel thin.

I have a couple of friends with the same problem and no sympathy because everyone thought that was great.

One of them proudly told me the other day she had put on 2 kilos. She still is about 5 underweight. And still smoking! poor devil!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:01 AM   #19
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Thanks. There seem to be some good tips there.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:05 AM   #20
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
You can have 10 kilos of mine. Then we will both be supermodel thin.
It's not that I dangerously thin, I think.
I'm 195 cm and 70 kgs, so with 10 more I'd be pretty much right where I should be.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #21
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
It's not that I dangerously thin, I think.
I'm 195 cm and 70 kgs, so with 10 more I'd be pretty much right where I should be.
You just tall. You weigh the same as me but I only 165cms. Happy to give you some. How about 5?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #22
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I tried Light'nEasy for 2 weeks... I lost weight on that, but I got bored with it...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #23
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
What is debargearsification?

I lost 60 pounds in 4 months once.
I got a divorce.
Stress is a good way to lose weight!

just kidding... I'm on a diet myself. Need to lose about 40 lbs.
I tried slimfast, but that got too expensive.
Now I'm just watching what I eat, take vitamins, etc. Lost about 5 so far.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #24
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa View Post
What is debargearsification?
De-barge-arse-ification. To remove one's barge-arse (a colloquialism for having a rather more ample backside - more junk in the trunk - than one desires).

Cheers,
Marc (a barge-arse)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #25
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
De-barge-arse-ification. To remove one's barge-arse (a colloquialism for having a rather more ample backside - more junk in the trunk - than one desires).

Cheers,
Marc (a barge-arse)

lol.. ah I see! Thanks for the definition!
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #26
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
How about exercising. You can eat as much as you like as long as you balance it with training, the hard part is that if you stop training you would have to decrease your food intake accordingly, but this problem is more immediate amongst weightlifters and bodybuilders where the body requires a considerable increase of food. Running is good for burning calories, anything that keeps you in activity will burn calories.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #27
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
How about exercising. You can eat as much as you like as long as you balance it with training, the hard part is that if you stop training you would have to decrease your food intake accordingly, but this problem is more immediate amongst weightlifters and bodybuilders where the body requires a considerable increase of food. Running is good for burning calories, anything that keeps you in activity will burn calories.
Excellent advice. Also, if you're exercising (cardio and weight lifting), your body assumes it's summer and you're out on the Savannah chasing down lots of food and, consequently, it doesn't need to store any.

First priority should be cardio four days a week. And, although swimming is excellent cardio, it is not very effective for weight management. This probably owing to the water temperature and the fact you are essentially weightless.

Strength training with weights is also important, ironically, more so for women than men. When you lift weights it causes a breakdown in the muscle cells which the body recognizes as inflammation in the blood vessels. It responds to this by releasing a chemical that cleans out the mess you just made.

Then, periodically your body has a staff meeting and the first issue that would come up is, "What if she does that again tomorrow?". To deal with this the body then releases a chemical that rebuilds the muscles. What's so good about this process is that it doesn't just strengthen the muscles you exercised but also the connective tissue and makes the bones denser.

This is very effective for dealing with arthritis and other joint problems. And, since women are more prone to osteoporosis than men, the increased bone density is very good. And you don't have to worry about bulking up; your estrogen will see to that.

An excellent book on this subject, for men and women over 50 is "Younger Next Year" by Chris Crowley and Henry Lodge. They also have a version for women ("Younger Next Year for Women"). Check them out here http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...t+year&x=0&y=0

Also available in eBook format.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #28
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
How about exercising. You can eat as much as you like as long as you balance it with training, ...
But don't you have to run a marathon to burn off a Mars bar (or something like that)?
Not eating the Mars bar means you don't have to go out for a run.

Excercise is good in lots of ways, but I'm not sure it's brilliant for weight loss.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #29
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
But don't you have to run a marathon to burn off a Mars bar (or something like that)?
Not eating the Mars bar means you don't have to go out for a run.

Excercise is good in lots of ways, but I'm not sure it's brilliant for weight loss.
Correct, you still have to eat sensibly. But, if you are exercising regularly, it is easier to manage your weight. It is a lot easier to get weight off if you're doing high and low heart rate cardio four days a week.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #30
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
When it comes to training I would suggest training as much as you're comfortable with so you still feel like training tomorrow. Most people just through themselves in to heavy workout right away and after a couple of weeks loose interest. Better to train less at a regular interval than a lot and then suddenly stop. Training shouldn't be punishment.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote