Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #1201
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I've spent the past couple days trying to work this out on my own. Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Use one line for extra_valid_entries, not two:
Code:
extra_valid_entries:fixcategory2,timeframe
If there's two the second overwrites the first, AIR, but it might be the other way.

If that doesn't fix it, please provide some URLs to stories that aren't doing what you want and describe what you want the metadata to look like for them instead.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #1202
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Use one line for extra_valid_entries, not two:
Code:
extra_valid_entries:fixcategory2,timeframe
If there's two the second overwrites the first, AIR, but it might be the other way.
That worked, thanks. I feel pretty silly though, considering the line states extra_valid_entries, as in more than one.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #1203
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
That worked, thanks. I feel pretty silly though, considering the line states extra_valid_entries, as in more than one.
It's an honest mistake.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #1204
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Here's the first test version I'm releasing with the 'Anthology' feature.

FFDL will now let you:
  1. Download a series from a web page into one anthology epub
  2. Download arbitrary story urls together into one anthology epub
  3. Update all the stories in one of the anthology automatically

FFDL calls code in EpubMerge 1.3.0, also attached. You'll need to manually install both right now. (Response for testing EpubMerge with UnMerge has been underwhelming, so I'm not comfy releasing it yet.)

To make an anthology containing a series:
  1. use FFDL > 'Get Story URLs to Download from Web Page'
  2. paste the series URL
  3. click 'For Anthology Book'
  4. review the presented URLs if you like, click OK
The anthology feature doesn't have any mechanism to look for duplicates (it may get one later.), so this will always make a new book. The series URL will be saved as a calibre 'url' identifier.

To update an anthology you've already made:
  1. select the anthology book--only one at a time allowed
  2. click FFDL > 'Update Anthology'
  3. review the presented URLs and settings if you like, click OK
If the anthology has a calibre 'url' identifier (that isn't a valid story URL), it will be used to get the list of story URLs to pick up new stories. You will be warned about stories that have been removed from the list and will be removed from the anthology.

For sites like ffnet which don't have series, you can also make an anthology from arbitrary URLs:
  1. click FFDL > 'Make Anthology Manually from URL(s)'
  2. paste or drag story URLs, click OK

You can also create update-able anthologies from stories you already have downloaded, but it's a manual process right now.
  1. Go into EpubMerge config and enable 'Keep UnMerge Metadata' (defaults on)
  2. select the existing FFDL stories in your calibre library
  3. click EpubMerge
  4. when you get to the metadata dialog, go to the Identifiers field
  5. type id: and paste the series URL if you have one.
  6. BUT! you have to change the http: to http|. Don't look at me--it's a calibre thing.
You might want to look at the EpubMerge custom column settings before doing that if you're a big custcol user.

Be careful--it's a bit of a corner case, but if you have the 'Search EPUB text for Story URL' config option turned on, you could theoretically update an anthology as a single story and corrupt it. I'm still thinking about ways to prevent that.

UPDATE Feb 19, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-19-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #1205
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.10 - 19 Feb 2013
  • Include author notes in chapters on fimfiction.net.
  • Add Epub Anthology feature. - Requires EpubMerge 1.3.1+ Plugin.

See previous post.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #1206
inkbrush
inkbrush began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Have you tried the usual generic remedies? Restarting calibre, rebooting your computer?

Because I don't think there's anything wrong with FFDL here. I suspect either the site isn't sending all the data, or it's getting lost along the way.

Do you get any errors viewing the site around the same time as FFDL gives you errors? Are you trying to do lots of updates all at once?
Oof, sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

I just don't know. I have a new computer - Windows 7, instead of Mac OSX - which I installed calibre on, re-added my old library, re-downloaded the latest version of the plugin (1.7.10), am using a different wireless network, and it still gives me the exact same error. I've tried rebooting & restarting calibre, and I only ever try to add one fic at once. No, I don't have any errors accessing the websites/fic itself.

It's all right, since you can't reproduce; I just wanted to let you know, and leave some information in case someone else has an error down the line or something.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #1207
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Jimm, thank you so much for this. I appreciate it.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #1208
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookiemommma View Post
Jimm, thank you so much for this. I appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #1209
jesterod
Enthusiast
jesterod began at the beginning.

Device: iphone-stanza,kindle pw b01b
im having a issue i have my username and password in the personal settings for ficwad but it still asked me for them at an update scan
Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #1210
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Ficwad is doing a switch to a different hosting. I don't see the new site yet due to DNS migration.

Between that and some other time obligations I have, it may be a few days until this issue is resolved.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #1211
jesterod
Enthusiast

ficwad.com isnt still what the dns points to? or do you use the ip
Old 02-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #1212
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

ficwad.com used to use www.ficwad.com as the 'primary' domain. Now it won't accept www.ficwad.com at all and insists on just ficwad.com.

I've attached a version with that change. It also requires you to change the section in your personal ini from [www.ficwad.com] to [ficwad.com].

Let me know if this solves everybody's problems with ficwad.

UPDATE Feb 27 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-27-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #1213
jesterod
Enthusiast

yes that fixed the ficwad problem thank you
Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #1214
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.11 - 27 Feb 2013
www.ficwad.com -> ficwad.com. Ficwad changed their canonical domain. You'll need to change [www.ficwad.com] to [ficwad.com] in your personal.ini.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #1215
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is a version for testing that retains the book title when updating existing anthology epubs. That way, if you've changed the anthology title, it stays to what you've set it.

UPDATE Mar 03 2013 Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-04-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Closed Thread