Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That is a (generic) timeout while sending mail
BTW do you really want the world to see you Kindle account address? (folk usually replace that with something like <obscured> ) so the log message is not destroyed, but...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
TarraAnn85
Tarra
TarraAnn85 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Ok another update - i downgraded to version 0.8.17 and changed my outgoing email addy to my Yahoo address and it seems to work now. I guess i will just stick with this version since i know it works. Or it does at the moment. Thanks for everyones help so far, and if you have any more recommendations for me let me know and i will try them! =)
TarraAnn85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
TarraAnn85
Tarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is a (generic) timeout while sending mail
BTW do you really want the world to see you Kindle account address? (folk usually replace that with something like <obscured> ) so the log message is not destroyed, but...

Um well if they are not on my account as able to send anything to my Kindle i dont know what they could possibly use it for, but i have never really thought about that. Thanks for letting me know for future reference though
Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarraAnn85 View Post
Ok another update - i downgraded to version 0.8.17 and changed my outgoing email addy to my Yahoo address and it seems to work now. I guess i will just stick with this version since i know it works. Or it does at the moment. Thanks for everyones help so far, and if you have any more recommendations for me let me know and i will try them! =)
I don't normally use that feature, but in testing with 9.6 I learned that the 'test' button results in sort of useful (ya gotta read geek) error messages

You may have more than one fault in you configuration (I had 2.5)
(I use my ISP's mail server)
1) the username (and domain)
2) The correct password for the account (I had an old one from a long ago test)
3) The sent from must be a full email address

and last but not least: The to address must be correct (and with Amazon, you must enter the senders email address into you manage my Kindle.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
TarraAnn85
Tarra

Yeah all that had been correct when i was using my main email address so i dont know what the problem is but it seems to be working now with my yahoo address and the downgraded version i'm using. I dont know how to test the configuration of calibre to make sure there are no issues.

Off topic question but gonna ask, is there a way to make a second library on Calibre, cause mine is used for 2 different people's books and i dont really want my books mixed in with their's and so if i could make a seperate library for their's i would like to. But if not thats ok too.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarraAnn85 View Post
Yeah all that had been correct when i was using my main email address so i dont know what the problem is but it seems to be working now with my yahoo address and the downgraded version i'm using. I dont know how to test the configuration of calibre to make sure there are no issues.

Off topic question but gonna ask, is there a way to make a second library on Calibre, cause mine is used for 2 different people's books and i dont really want my books mixed in with their's and so if i could make a seperate library for their's i would like to. But if not thats ok too.
Right click the Library Icon: CREATE/Switch
Old 10-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #22
agdesilva
agdesilva began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Using google and two step verification

I read the error log when I was trying to use Gmail to send an ebook to my kindle. In that log, there were instructions from Google.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

I had already read that using TLS with port 587 was necessary. Elsewhere I read I could use SSL and port 465 but I later read something about only using TLS so that is what I used.

After following these instructions for "application specific passwords" it worked.
agdesilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #23
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by agdesilva View Post
I read the error log when I was trying to use Gmail to send an ebook to my kindle. In that log, there were instructions from Google.
Moderator Notice
Do not respond with answers to year old threads.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote