Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Reminder: Free $50 Credit at Sony Ebook Store

This holiday gift code runs out tomorrow 3/31/08. I had forgotten about it and logged in today and saw that. Thank goodness as i still have $35 to spend.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
Zevs
Book lover!!
Zevs doesn't litterZevs doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505; Nowadays Stanza, Kindle, Txtr and Bluefire on iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
This holiday gift code runs out tomorrow 3/31/08. I had forgotten about it and logged in today and saw that. Thank goodness as i still have $35 to spend.
Hi volwrath! How did you get that Holiday gift code .... I Haven't seen anything in my mails from the Connect store, and I do buy a lot of books from them.

Zevs
Old 03-31-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
mdt1007
mdt1007 began at the beginning.

so.. what's the code?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I apologize for misleading anyone in my original post. This was in regards to this post. The deal has expired. Basically anyone that did get in on it at the time needs to spend it by the end of the day. Once again, sorry for getting any hopes up.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Anyone who got in on it without having purchased the 505 during the time period specified for the offer and did use the gift code is a THIEF, CROOK, & CRIMINAL. Those people basically STOLE $50 from Borders and/or Sony.

So it would not be a bad thing for anyone who misses out on using all of it who didn't deserve it in the first place.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
Rick C
Seeker
Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
C'mon Jon,tell us what you REALLY think!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
volwrath
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Anyone who got in on it without having purchased the 505 during the time period specified for the offer and did use the gift code is a THIEF, CROOK, & CRIMINAL. Those people basically STOLE $50 from Borders and/or Sony.

So it would not be a bad thing for anyone who misses out on using all of it who didn't deserve it in the first place.
That is a bunch of BS. The name of the code was HOLIDAYGIFT, and the promotion clearly states limited number available. It did not state it was clearly for the 505, but it did clearly state it was a gift.

You should also state that it is your opinion that those who used the gift code is a THIEF..etc

It is my opinion.....

Last edited by volwrath; 04-04-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: removed last sentence for being inflammatory
Old 04-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That is a bunch of BS. The name of the code was HOLIDAYGIFT, and the promotion clearly states limited number available. It did not state it was clearly for the 505, but it did clearly state it was a gift.

You should also state that it is your opinion that those who used the gift code is a THIEF..etc

It is my opinion you are an ASS
The code was meant for people who purchased a 505 within a specific time frame. Because it got leaked and used by people who should not have used it, it got used up and some people who were entitled to it did not get to use it. Did you purchase a 505 within the time frame or did you find the code someplace and just decide to use it? If you didn't fit the requitrements for the use of the code, then yes, you are a thief.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #9
volwrath
Guru

Quote:
The code was meant for people who purchased a 505 within a specific time frame. Because it got leaked and used by people who should not have used it, it got used up and some people who were entitled to it did not get to use it. Did you purchase a 505 within the time frame or did you find the code someplace and just decide to use it? If you didn't fit the requirements for the use of the code, then yes, you are a thief.
Well I found the code someplace, and I did not purchase a 505. In fact I have a PRS500. Sony knows I have a PRS500. Since this by your logic, is for the 505, Sony knows I stole it. Who are you to call anyone a thief when Sony very clearly disagrees with you, and honors this gift card for a prs500? It would be sooo easy to ensure that someone with a PRS500 could not use this card, and once it got out, it would be easy to back it out of anyone who had a PRS500 (which would take away some of the thieves)
Old 04-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
ding.....ding...alright gentlemen, it's the end of the round go to your neutral corners.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #11
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
It's an issue of entitlement. People nowadays feel like they're entitled things they didn't earn (e.g. purchase the 505 during the period of the promotion). That's my 2 pennies.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #12
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
and blame someone else e.g. It's Sony's fault for letting me use the coupon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
It's an issue of entitlement. People nowadays feel like they're entitled things they didn't earn (e.g. purchase the 505 during the period of the promotion). That's my 2 pennies.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Well I found the code someplace, and I did not purchase a 505. In fact I have a PRS500. Sony knows I have a PRS500. Since this by your logic, is for the 505, Sony knows I stole it. Who are you to call anyone a thief when Sony very clearly disagrees with you, and honors this gift card for a prs500? It would be sooo easy to ensure that someone with a PRS500 could not use this card, and once it got out, it would be easy to back it out of anyone who had a PRS500 (which would take away some of the thieves)
Just because you are able to use it doesn't mean you are entitled to use it. If you ran a business, would you mind my going in and taking $50 worth of goods off the shelves and just walking out?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
and blame someone else e.g. It's Sony's fault for letting me use the coupon
Very well said!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Just because you are able to use it doesn't mean you are entitled to use it. If you ran a business, would you mind my going in and taking $50 worth of goods off the shelves and just walking out?
Sony doesn't seem to mind.
Closed Thread