Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 05:54 AM   #211
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
As far as I know, PB903 has annotation just in latest beta firmware and it's not that stable. I would be interested in a PB903 vs. M90 comparison when both firmware are stable and final.

Booxtor: M90 was my favorite over PB903 because of Pearl screen. How big is the difference between the screens ?
Yeah, seem like PB903 uses the first Vizplex, or at least there was no information about pearl, so the M90 would have the 50% more contrast, but I don't know how M90 seems better when side to side with Kindle DX. (Found a good post on the-ebook-reader blog, might explain the 2 situations)

One thing I like about PB903 is the bluetooth, nice to connect a keyboard, if it's possible ofc, but they say so.

There's even Asus Eee Reader DR900, but I'm a bit skeptical about that one, and it uses Sipix, AKAIK that's inferior to eInk. Can't seem to find much information about it too and it's a bit smaller, only 9" vs 9.7".

Last edited by AkumaTakeshi; 06-17-2011 at 06:30 AM.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #212
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
I made two pictures to compare the screens of the Onyx Boox M91S and the PocketBook Pro 902.

Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #213
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Europe View Post
I made two pictures to compare the screens of the Onyx Boox M91S and the PocketBook Pro 902.

From that page all I notice is the M91S has a better black I think. But from those angles could be tricky to compare it without being unfair to any of the readers. I'll wait to see more of the M series, waiting for the promised video

I'm really becoming more inclined to M90, because I've been reading and Pocketbook seems to have some serious problems with CS and support and for the time that it was launched and still has some serious firmware problems.

Well I hope the guys at Onyx really work hard to bring us a nice, professional and stable product

Well I think I'm just a bit hard to please, it took me about 2 months to finally decide to go for the Kindle 3 as my 6" e-reader

Last edited by AkumaTakeshi; 06-17-2011 at 09:09 AM.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #214
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Dulin books has the M90 for $379 now and you can order in in Black http://www.dulinsbooks.com/ereader/boox-m90/ Unfortunatly overseas postage is a hefty $78.
FYI, the black is not available yet, per this post dated 6/15/11 from a different thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Our Page is up https://www.dulinsbooks.com/index.php?p=product&id=682

White is available for immediate shipping. Black is available for order as well but it will be a couple weeks until we have them to ship.

Still trying to find out if we will be able to get any M91S with the strong demand elsewhere.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #215
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Dulin books has the M90 for $379 now and you can order in in Black http://www.dulinsbooks.com/ereader/boox-m90/ Unfortunatly overseas postage is a hefty $78.
Two corrections. One is the black is available to order but we've just heard we wont have any until August. That correction was just made on the page , effected customers are being notified.

The second is overseas shipping. Shipping is based on destination. Most European countries will be $45. Shipping is via US Post and takes usually 8-10 days.

That $78 fee is for Overseas Express Shipping. The cost is in addition to normal shipping rates and is for those customers who absolutely , positively, must have the device in 3 days. For this service we use UPS.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 06-17-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #216
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
^^^ How's the shipping on the white ones coming along? I tried sending you a question via your contact us form, but it kicked me back to the index when I hit the submit button.....
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #217
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
We got some out today. Some more got labeled today but wont actually move until tomorrow or Monday.

sorry about that $@&* form. every time we have some kind of update the form breaks. its ridiculous. i have to find some better way to implement it.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #218
purcelljf
Enthusiast
purcelljf began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
I see Booxtor has uploaded his first Video on the Onyx M90.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD2hxSWgwYo
purcelljf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #219
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by purcelljf View Post
I see Booxtor has uploaded his first Video on the Onyx M90.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD2hxSWgwYo
This is a video that was done before the last firmware was available.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #220
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra tensei View Post
This is a video that was done before the last firmware was available.
Sorry for a short delay... I've finished recording and editing at friday afternoon and tried to upload my new video to Youtube. It was a little to big though (900mb in 720HD) and upload to youtube failed finally. Today is family day (I've promised to my wife to stay whole day with children). So I will cut the video in some short parts and upload it tomorrow ...
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #221
K_Dua
K_Dua began at the beginning.

Device: none
1st video after the firmware update

Hey there ppl,

Thanks in advance for the video Booxtor . I'll gladly wait for it .

In the end.. what i need is to spare my eyes (and my back) from the hours sitting&reading PDFs EPubs etc.. or reading online, either on wikipedia or doing any other research through a browser.

Eventhough i use a 27" .. (or a 13" laptop) to do so .. I expect I will finally get the paper-feel.. whilst ditching paper and screen frequency rates altogether!

And not to mention the ereader's portability, and finally making the so desired annotations..
Hopefully, one will have no excuse to, not read, anymore..

I'd gladly exchange battery life for stylus responsiveness.
(to a certain degree evidently .. like getting at least 8 to 11 hours .. out of the M90.)
That's why i havent gone for the Asus Ep121 yet.

Has anyone here.. tried a capacitive stylus on a touch-enabled ereader (e-ink)..? I assume light, but serious, sketching (architecture) on an e-ink reader.. is still only in the future..

kudos from Portugal

PS : Hell.. and i thought that i would have to get an Android tablet to have text to speech hehehe |sarcastic| ..
K_Dua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #222
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hello again

Here is my new promised video. On the video I'am comparing the 9,7" devices from Onyx and PocketBook.

Unfortunatelly I've had to split the whole video in two parts.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNvxXD4NUlc
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYnPo29WQaU

Cheers

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-20-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #223
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hello again

Here is my new promised video. On the video I'am comparing the 9,7" devices from Onyx and PocketBook.

Unfortunatelly I've had to split the whole video in two parts. The first part is still uploading, but the second part is already finished and you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYnPo29WQaU

As soon as the first part is up too, I will give you the link.

Cheers
Thanks, I'm about to go check it out!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #224
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hello again

Unfortunatelly I've had to split the whole video in two parts. The first part is still uploading, but the second part is already finished and you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYnPo29WQaU

As soon as the first part is up too, I will give you the link.

Cheers
Hi Booxtor

Thanks for the video. I have seen that M90 is generally slower than the PB 903. Do you think that this is due to the different RAM memory (128 MB for M90 vs 256 MB for PB 903) or it mostly regards the firmware?
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:46 AM   #225
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The processor could be a part of the difference in speed. Even though they have the same Mhz they are not from the same manufacturer. Mhz is not everything. But I would guess that the RAM and the firmware is the reasons for the lower speed.

Booxtor do you experience any difference in contrast and picture quality between them?
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90