Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Various free books from Smashwords (with codes) + extra

Sorry for not opening separate threads for each book, but time is running short. I ran into a few books from Smashwords, most of which come with very good reviews, all free with coupons:

Dancing to the End of Love by Adrian White (Kindle US: 9.99). DRAMA. Use code VT48M

Quote:
A love story for the times we live in. A man is arrested and held without trial as part of the War on Terror. A rock goddess pays out a fortune to persuade the father of her child not to contest his parental rights. A young woman with Cystic Fibrosis cuts herself off from her family and yet fears she'll die alone.
Many lives; one true love.
Annalisa's Highway Blues by David Reichart (Kindle US $2.99). ROMANCE. Use code NK57N

Quote:
A family crisis forces Annalisa Rochon, a beautiful but inexperienced small-town girl, into the male-dominated world of long-haul trucking, where she finds danger, loneliness, hard work and something unexpected out on the road--the kind of romance she had always dreamed of.

Ex-Marine Mike Cindik, son of a wealthy industrialist, has a contentious meeting with Annalisa while she's delivering a load to one of his father's warehouses and, in the aftermath, becomes completely captivated by this exotic, strange-talking, truck-driving Louisiana girl. He pursues her across Midwestern highways with great difficulty and determination (guilt and fear, too, since he's engaged to a very influential and manipulative debutante).

Annalisa is pretty but humble, with traditional family values and a naughty streak. She's vulnerable, naive, easily frustrated and not very confident, but deep down she has the guts of a warrior. It's a story about finding the courage to do what you need to do, no matter how difficult or scary, and trusting the outcome to fate (or faith).
The Meteoric Rise of Simon Burchwood by Scott Semegran (Kindle US $2.99). HUMOR. Use code: DZ78T

Quote:
On his way to New York to celebrate his impending literary success, Simon Burchwood is the prototypical American careerist. But a quick detour to Montgomery, Alabama to visit a childhood friend sends Simon on a bizarre journey, challenging his hopes and dreams of becoming a famous writer. This is a character study that delves into the psyche of a man who desperately tries to redefine himself.
Bastard Legacy by Gary Brown ($4.99). SCIENCE-FICTION. Use code BU24P.

Quote:
On February 8, 1955, an illegitimate baby boy named Greg is born to his 42-year-old unwed mother, Emily Baxter. Emily intentionally provides Greg cryptic clues on his 30th birthday that he was adopted. The clues not only lead Emily’s son to the discovery of his illegitimate birth and illegal adoption, but also inadvertently open the door to his family’s hidden ancestral past.
PaxCorpus by Ryan S. Fortney ($1.99). SCIENCE-FICTION. Use code DV37S.

Quote:
What would you do if, six years after the apocalypse, your shattered memory began to return? Piece by piece, everything that happened and the tale of your survival unfolds right in front of you and at the exact same time, the past repeats itself. Would you stop the process? What if you couldn't?
Hell 'til Heaven: The Man-Angel by y J.C. Fiske ($1.99, Kindle US $4.85). FANTASY, PARANORMAL. Use code AZ57X.

Quote:
Meet Joseph McCarley. To put it nicely, he's an asshole but he wasn't always this way. After a selfless act, Joe loses his life to save another. Now a ghost, lost on the streets of Boston, Joe only has his guardian angel, Lara, to protect his soul. But not all is as it seems. A dark fire flickers within Joe, preparing him for a fate heaven can't predict and hell can't prepare for .
And just for the sake of it, this is not from smashwords, but downloadable from Project Sifter website. After Life - Novella by Simon Funk (Kindle US: $6.00). SCIENCE-FICTION. Download link at the top of the page.

Quote:
If you could upload your mind, where would you put it? A postcyberpunk Extropian sci-fi with psychological and philosophical suspense.
Enjoy and don't forget it's always nice to take a couple of minutes to leave a review if you read the book.
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, well, I didn't want the thriller lovers to get upset with me, so here it's one for them :

Just Past Oysterville: Shoalwater Book One
by Perry P. Perkins ($2.99, but Kindle US $7.99). THRILLER. Use code SW22F.

Quote:
A child abandoned. A life destroyed. Two hearts, unable to forgive... After a drunk driver leaves young Cassie Belanger an orphan, a cryptic letter, found among her mother's belongings sends her on a desperate journey in hopes of finding the man who fathered her but chose not to be her father. Driven by her anger, her bitterness and her desire to confront the man who abandoned her, Cassie meets Jack, a crusty old bachelor headed in the same direction. In his face Cassie begins to see what can happen to a heart that refuses to forgive. Will she forgive her father, or turn away from him and remain an orphan? Who is Jack, and how is his own shadowed past linked to her own? Will Cassie Belanger find the power that lies in forgiveness and the miracle of God's unwavering mercy? The answers lie... Just Past Oysterville.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
how do you know which coupon code to use for what? O:
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Thank you for all of these! Now somebody find me some spare time so I can read them!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #5
bookworm50
bookworm50 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks Andreiuta for taking the time to post the books and codes.
bookworm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
how do you know which coupon code to use for what? O:
Each of the listed books has its own coupon code listed at the end (see bold text below).

Hell 'til Heaven: The Man-Angel by y J.C. Fiske ($1.99, Kindle US $4.85). FANTASY, PARANORMAL. Use code AZ57X.

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Andreiuta, thanks very much for the info - this forum is just so nice !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Each of the listed books has its own coupon code listed at the end (see bold text below).

no, i mean on smashwords i mean, how do you know while browsing on smashwords, which books are free and have the coupon code provided for them?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I tried the code and got the message that either the code was wrong or expired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreiuta View Post
Oh, well, I didn't want the thriller lovers to get upset with me, so here it's one for them :

Just Past Oysterville: Shoalwater Book One
by Perry P. Perkins ($2.99, but Kindle US $7.99). THRILLER. Use code SW22F.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
Andreiuta
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
no, i mean on smashwords i mean, how do you know while browsing on smashwords, which books are free and have the coupon code provided for them?
I browsed the information from this website: http://online-novels.blogspot.com/. It's amazing, however there is no search button so you'll have to do it the hard way - look. The ones that I found were on the pages of SF (where I went first) and on the most recent, plus a few random.

There are a few others which I found from all genres (drama, mystery, young adult, SF, etc):
Title............................................. ..............SM List Price.....Coupon
From a Far Land: Jaben's Rift book 1................. $2.99....... BB39S
Aqua Knights.................................................. $0.99...... NY36J
Legacy .................................................. ....... $2.99...... EP83K
Open to Suspicion........................................... $2.99....... WQ66B
Norton's Ghost............................................... $2.99...... TK92V
Bum's Rush.................................................. . $1.99....... PW42C
Overrun: Project Hideaway................................ $1.00...... RC52G

Enjoy!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #11
Andreiuta
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I tried the code and got the message that either the code was wrong or expired.
Hmmm, I bought it this morning at 10:30 EST and it worked with no problems (I double checked the coupon too... SW22F). I know that the coupon for "The Meteoric Rise of Simon Burchwood" was about to expire, but I am not sure why this one didn't work... Sorry!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #12
Andreiuta
Zealot

A few more free books from Smashwords (with codes) + some from Kobo

First of all I should say that I bought these over the weekend so if any of the codes doesn't work anymore, let me know and I'll edit the post.

Murderson by Mark Yarwood. $2.99 THRILLER. Use code VK65L.
Quote:
During the 1980's a Russian Doctor called Kirill Fedorov set up a clinic to help treat children with severe behavioural problems and violent tendencies. Fedorov believed these children would become serial killers, and that he could cure them.
After visiting Britain, Fedorov met one British child that he believed would one day become a killer. The child's name was Luke Wind. The doctor took the child under his wing, and, years later, when Luke is in his thirties, the London police are investigating a serial killer nicknamed The Clock. Dr. Fedorov, and the detectives in charge of the investigation, believe Luke can help them catch The Clock. Luke is not convinced, and when the killings start looking personal, he begins to worry about his own sanity.
Overrun by Michael Rusch. $1.00 SF. Use code EL93G. Note: this is in the same series with "Overrun: Project Hideaway" which I listed at the bottom of a previous thread.
Quote:
In 2201, Earth’s ozone layer finally fails. Giant structures were developed to protect the masses…the selected masses. Many still lived on the outside. Others fled for protection underground. The world becomes divided between two countries. Each struggles to protect its own. In secret, a plan was developed. While the sun continued to shine mercilessly down.
Sin by Shaun Allan. $3.99 THRILLER. Use code CG38U
Quote:
What would you do? Could you kill a killer? Does the death of one appease the deaths of a hundred? What about that hundred against a thousand?
What if you had no choice?
Meet Sin. No, not that sort of sin, but Sin, crazy as a loon (you ask Sister Moon), and proud of it. Sin locks himself away in a mental home and, every so often, gets violent. That’s only so they’ll give him those nice drugs, though. The ones that help him forget.
It’s a pity they don’t work.
Sin, you see, has a serious problem. Well, it’s not so much his problem, as ours – yours, mine and everyone else’s. And there’s only one thing he can do.
Flip and catch...
Ancient Awakening (The Ancient) By Matthew Laube. $0.99 SF/Horror. Use code ZL66E.
Quote:
Hell comes home to Jersey.
Seven ancient demons known as the Fallen have awakened in New Jersey after a hundred years. Fortunately for Mike and Ann, so has the one man who can stop them, Joseph Miller. Trapped in a hospital filled with mythical monsters, only together can they unravel the mystery of the Cursed and escape with not only their lives but their very humanity.

Ancient Awakening is a Horror/Action novel with just the right touch of comedy. It is the first book in the series "The Ancient" which follows the adventures of eccentric demon hunter Joseph Miller. His job is to defend the human race against seven mythical demons and their offspring. Unfortunately for us, he has been dead for the last hundred years. Ancient Awakening will be followed by Ancient Enemies in 2010 and Ancient Revelations in 2011 and is written by Matthew Bryan Laube.
Inherited Danger By Brian Rathbone. $0.99 YOUNG ADULT/FANTASY. Use code JN67P. Note: the first book of this trilogy, Call of the Herald, is free.

Quote:
Book Two of The Dawning of Power trilogy. Catrin leaves her homeland behind as she goes in search of knowledge and peace, unaware that she will face the greatest evil her world has ever known.

Mighty Hammer Down
by David J Guyton. $0.99 SF. Use code MM75Y.
Quote:
The small flames of the old magic roar to mighty infernos; burning some and lighting the way for others. Great beasts now walk the earth again, and the gods themselves have come down to influence the world of man once more. But the new god of war is not interested in their agenda. He fights with all his might for the freedom of mankind, struggling to bring light to the coming darkness.
Also, if anyone is still looking for 99-cent books to use the $1 off Kobo coupon (KoboSpring1), you may consider:

About Z by Don L Clark (Kindle US $5.00) THRILLER. Kobo link.
Quote:
A college professor meets a mind reding female alien while camping in the Crazy mountains of Montana. They bond, but not without complications, and he takes her back to college town USA for what they anticipate to be a happy and quiet life. But her special skills leads them into adventures that allow them to hob nob with presidents and first ladies, CIA chiefs, and media moguls. Life is exciting and good until suddenly another person from her home arrives determined to take her back.
Day Of Vindication by James Rupe. (Kindle US $5.00) Kobo link.
Quote:
In Day of Vindication, the reader is swept up on a gripping journey into the all-too-realistic future, depicting tomorrow’s headlines before they happen – a large American city is destroyed by fire, millions die as a result of the surprise attack. Soon after this evil act, the world is placed on alert with the threat of six more equally deadly explosions if the resurrected Muhammad’s demands aren’t met within seven days. Two elite counterterrorism agents, Cassandra “Army” Armendorfer and her partner Raphael Guerra, lead a team of government specialists on a hectic chase across the United States to find the remaining bombs before their time runs out. The hunt ends in Phoenix with a failure to locate the bombs. The President is forced to concede to the terrorists’ demands, but only superficially to allow him enough time to put his secret plan of retribution into motion.
After a short respite in Florida, Army is pulled back into service when one of the fleeing killers is spotted in Europe. The chase to locate the missing bombs continues again in Sarajevo, ending in Tel Aviv where the President’s vindication plot begins to unravel. A collection of God-fearing antiquity hunters, the Israeli intelligence network and a divine time-line convince Army that she must take action before it’s to late. While the world teeters on the brink of annihilation, Army, skeptical at first, agrees to expose the President’s “Day of Vindication” and end the threat.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I just tried the Smashword codes, and all were successful. Thanks, Andreiuta!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #14
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Thank you so much for posting all of these!

Edited to add: Smashwords has been slow off and on today, so if anyone has issues, keep trying. I was able to get all in the most recent batch, it just took quite a while.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #15
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
No Biggie. I tried it again this morning and it gave me the same message, but it's just one book more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreiuta View Post
Hmmm, I bought it this morning at 10:30 EST and it worked with no problems (I double checked the coupon too... SW22F). I know that the coupon for "The Meteoric Rise of Simon Burchwood" was about to expire, but I am not sure why this one didn't work... Sorry!
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote