Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #1
savagekevin
savagekevin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and Kobo
Calibre library rows too big

I've searched but not found a cause or solution to this, though others seem to have the problem and I can see references from several years ago in fact.

Some time ago, a few versions, but I'm not sure which one, the new version of Calibre launched and the row heights are huge! It's really frustrating. This on both Mac machines that I have.

Concentrating on just one today, I uninstalled and deleted preferences on the machine and did a fresh install of 2.6. I loaded my library and the rows were still too big.

I then made a new empty test library, and same thing.

Does anyone know what's controlling the row height? This is very frustrating. As it was before it was perfect and easy to manage my books - now it's so big, it's really tedious to manage my books, etc.

It's the same when viewing the device too. And in fact on the left hand side in the column, it looks like those rows are the same.

I've tried changing the font in preferences of course - fonts get smaller but row height doesn't change!
savagekevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Preferences -> Appearance -> Main Interface (so, so, I have Spanish interface)

Additional space to add... (the last option): if you set a negative value the height is reduced (I have -10 px, and it's similar to calibre 1.X).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #3
savagekevin
savagekevin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and Kobo
Sorry, after a long time I finally noticed the "add extra space, can be negative" !!

So, solved it - changed that setting to -10
savagekevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
No need to be sorry, the negative values have been added with calibre 2.x because of this
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote