Name:	save file error.png
Views:	211
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	152918  
oenopion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #572
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by oenopion View Post
Hi Toxaris,
File sent via IM. I just tried it again, and it did do a save to my OneDrive default location. Then that unusual error popped up. Hopefully the log file shows where the error is.
Thanks for taking a look at this.
-O
Thanks for the log snippet, it helped me to pinpoint the location in the code that is generating the error. I still don't understand why this error pops up. The code basically checks if the file with that name exists or not. If not, it gives the error.

Now, I have a sneaky suspicion which I am going to test tomorrow (as I am going to bed in 5 minutes), but I suspect it is caused by an incompatibility between OneDrive and the .Net 4.0 framework. I suspect that not a normal filename is used which causes this. If this is the case, it should work if the file is saved at a 'normal' location. I will test if this is the case. If so, I have to think really hard about a workaround.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #573
oenopion
oenopion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, Android
BINGO! I saved to a different location and it worked like a charm!
I think you're right, for when I save it to my OneDrive location, it actually first sends it to a weird temp location, with a temp file name, instead of to my C drive location. Then to the cloud and back to my C drive (I think?)
Anyway, for me this will work fine, since the OneDrive is more to keep all the ongoing writing backed up.
But let me know if you want me to try anything, and or send you any extra info.
Thanks again, Toxaris!
-O
Old 11-11-2016, 02:43 AM   #574
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oenopion View Post
BINGO! I saved to a different location and it worked like a charm!
I think you're right, for when I save it to my OneDrive location, it actually first sends it to a weird temp location, with a temp file name, instead of to my C drive location. Then to the cloud and back to my C drive (I think?)
Anyway, for me this will work fine, since the OneDrive is more to keep all the ongoing writing backed up.
But let me know if you want me to try anything, and or send you any extra info.
Thanks again, Toxaris!
-O
Always good to hear when a suspicion is correct! I will think about a work-around for this issue. Can be difficult, since my development environment is a Win7 with Office 2007 (lowest supported version) and this is probably only the case on Win10 due to the integration with OneDrive. I will put it on the issue list, I will find a solution.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:40 AM   #575
oenopion

Yes, thanks again. And if you need me to run something through W10 O2016, just let me know. And we know there is a quick fix for now in case this pops up with anyone else.
Advert
Old 11-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #576
oenopion

Is there a way to edit the metadata in the clean html output?
The file is exporting with the <meta charset="utf-8"/> in the meta line, and I am getting an error in Sigil (Flightplan validator) looking for the 'content' attribute. Straight out of Word yields a <meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered)">
Or should I just change that line before bringing it into Sigil?
Old 11-12-2016, 02:53 AM   #577
Toxaris
Wizard

Why would you want to import the HTML manually into Sigil instead of using the 'export ePUB' function of the add-in? You can set it so that it will open the ePUB in Sigil after creation.

Anyway, the content attribute is not required for HTML. That being said, nor for ePUB. In an ePUB the metadata is stored in the OPF file, not the HTML. I am not quite sure how Sigil handles HTML import (it has been a while since I used it), remember that XHTML is not the same as HTML. There are differences, this being one of them. If your target of the conversion is an ePUB, I would strongly recommend the 'export ePUB' option. You can do just a basic ePUB creation to more complex with splitting the file and more.

Last edited by Toxaris; 11-12-2016 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #578
oenopion

Okay, I'll try that. I've only done one conversion, and was starting with the process I did the first time. (html into Sigil - to Epub). Thanks.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #579
oenopion

That worked great. And streamlined the process. Thanks, Toxaris.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #580
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I have the tool version 1.25.2. I'm actually working out a book containing of three (separate) volumes. I tried to convert all of them to .epub, but in each case, the "PostprocessOCR" having successfully been finished, at clicking "Generate epub" there simply happens nothing. There is certainly something I have been missing, but I actually can't see it. The "Convert to HTML" option is greyed out.
Help very much appreciated!

Edit: Perhaps should I mention that all three parts contain of some ancient greek citations. Could this interfere?

Last edited by Leonatus; 11-14-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #581
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Leonatus - do you have the three volumes open in Word concurrently? I had various problems creating epubs in that circumstance when I first installed the add-in, so I decided to forego using that feature.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:45 AM   #582
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@BetterRed:
I'm not at home, actually. But yesterday evening, after having written my request, I had other things to do and let the computer on. After coming back, I noticed that in one of the Word documents the "Converte to HTML" was no longer greyed out - in the other instances it remained.

I didn't continue trying to create an epub, for I noticed there were still too many spelling errors to correct.

But until today I made so many good experiences with the tool. I wonder what could be the alternative: Using Calibre would create Calibre css-codes allover. I would like to avoid this - and not having word-formattings eventually.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:01 AM   #583
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I have the tool version 1.25.2. I'm actually working out a book containing of three (separate) volumes. I tried to convert all of them to .epub, but in each case, the "PostprocessOCR" having successfully been finished, at clicking "Generate epub" there simply happens nothing. There is certainly something I have been missing, but I actually can't see it. The "Convert to HTML" option is greyed out.
Help very much appreciated!

Edit: Perhaps should I mention that all three parts contain of some ancient greek citations. Could this interfere?
If the 'Convert to HTML' option is greyed out, it is probably due to the fact that you have enabled the 'Automatic HTML Conversion' setting in the ePUB tab of the settings.
Usually when it appears that nothing happens, it is probably because something goes wrong (duh!). Usually it is something in the source that I didn't take into account (about 90% of these cases). The ancient greek citations should not cause any issue at all.

The current HTML conversion usually works, but is not very robust. I know of several issues with it. That is the reason why I wrote a completely new library for the conversion. At the moment I am working on implementing that library into the Tools so that can be used. It should be more robust, faster and have more options in the future.

Now, it could solve the issue you have here but it is not finished yet. It is quite some work actually.

What I can offer you is that you sent me the file and I will run it through the debugger to see what is causing the problem. It would not only help you to get past this, but also help me of course.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:35 AM   #584
Leonatus
Wizard

Thank you, I shall make use of your offer as soon as I finished the further proofreading - in so far as the problem continues, of course.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:55 AM   #585
Leonatus
Wizard

All right! This time it was BetterRed's hint that helped to solve the problem (many thanks!). I opened one Word document after the other, converting them step by step to epubs, taking care that Word was closed after each conversion - what the Tool does for me - and voilà! Everything was good in the end.
One more time I got a happy evening - thanks to you, guys!