Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
Zen Garden

Did I just miss this?

The Good Guys over at Zen Garden have come up with some base epub-centric css stylesheets that are freely distributable (if you give credit where credit is due).

In my browser, they're pretty purty. Personally haven't tried to render a book with them yet, tho.

-bjc
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It looks like eReader format. Not nice (IMHO).

This is their ePub. http://epubzengarden.com/static//epu...ddlemarch.epub
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It looks like eReader format. Not nice (IMHO).

This is their ePub. http://epubzengarden.com/static//epu...ddlemarch.epub
jon, go back and read the explanation. zen garden is a site about experimenting with css rules to push the boundaries of webdesign. the epub you linked to is the plain file with no css ; the idea is to create different stylesheets to make it look good. if you look in the page brewt linked to http://epubzengarden.com/#/static/mi.../chapter1.html you'll see there is a style list at the top right of the page where you can try out different stylesheets (6 so far) directly in the browser window.

i am thrilled to see zen garden getting into epub ; they have some really amazing examples of what you can do with css, and putting those mad css skillz into epub means experimenting with making truly exceptional ebooks.

thank you very much, brewt, for the info !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
jon, go back and read the explanation. zen garden is a site about experimenting with css rules to push the boundaries of webdesign. the epub you linked to is the plain file with no css ; the idea is to create different stylesheets to make it look good. if you look in the page brewt linked to http://epubzengarden.com/#/static/mi.../chapter1.html you'll see there is a style list at the top right of the page where you can try out different stylesheets (6 so far) directly in the browser window.

i am thrilled to see zen garden getting into epub ; they have some really amazing examples of what you can do with css, and putting those mad css skillz into epub means experimenting with making truly exceptional ebooks.

Yes, I do have to say I misread things a bit there. Sorry about that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
Z:
Quote:
Thanks for being nice to me, Z. (again).

J:
Quote:
Yes, I do have to say I misread things a bit there. Sorry about that.
Oh gawd - is it me?

-bjc

brewt is offline   Reply With Quote