Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
DrBen
Landed Gentry
DrBen began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro - Maroon
Anybody get their rebate check?

8/7/09 got an email from Astak saying:

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest and your preorder for the 5-inch EZ Reader Pocket PRO! From now until the end of September 2009, we have decided to offer the 5” Pocket PRO at a special promotional price.

Since you have already pre-ordered the 5" Pocket PRO at the original price, we will give you a rebate check for the price difference (the exact amount of the rebate will differ depending on tax adjustments for state like CA) This rebate check will be sent along with your device when it ships from our warehouse. The estimated shipping date is around the end of August. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@astak.com.

Best regards,

The Pocket PRO Team"

Got my PEZ today and LOVE it ... but no check. I'll email them, but wondering if anyone else who ordered at the $229 price received their rebate check?

Ben
DrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Stensie4JC
Book Diva
Stensie4JC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I got an email notifying me that my Pro had shipped and it said my credit card would be automatically credited within two weeks. If you paid by debit or credit card you should check your statement.
Stensie4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
DrBen
Landed Gentry
DrBen began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro - Maroon
Thanks,

Just got the same email.

Ben
DrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
given the small number of readers to sell two weeks is horribly slow for a company that blathers on about superior CS...typical. Just a way to earn interest on your cash to make a bit more in the mean time...hey from reading the posts about the low margins I bet that $100 they earn from holding everyone's funds might mean keeping the lights on another whole day.

Look pretty much everyone pre-ordered and was charged then from what I read and now it will take another two weeks?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I haven't bought from Astak so I don't know what their business practice is. However, the law (as I understand it) in the United States is that a credit card cannot be charged until the order is shipped. It is OK to check the validity of a card, but not to charge for unshipped merchandise. (I believe the "definition" of "shipped" for ths purpose is "packaged and ready to be shipped within 24 hours.")
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I haven't bought from Astak so I don't know what their business practice is. However, the law (as I understand it) in the United States is that a credit card cannot be charged until the order is shipped. It is OK to check the validity of a card, but not to charge for unshipped merchandise. (I believe the "definition" of "shipped" for ths purpose is "packaged and ready to be shipped within 24 hours.")
I thought the rule was they could charge it as long as they shipped within 30 days.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I thought the rule was they could charge it as long as they shipped within 30 days.
Unless the law has changed in the last two years, this is the case. I worked for a mail-order company for many years, and whenever we had an item back-ordered, by law we could continue to charge the credit card as long as our shipment was due within 30 days.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
abrax
abrax began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket PRO
My EZReader was shipped on 1 September and on 8 September I received the rebate in my PayPal account. The money were transferred to my credit card the same day.
abrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrax View Post
My EZReader was shipped on 1 September and on 8 September I received the rebate in my PayPal account. The money were transferred to my credit card the same day.
Did you get a notification from Paypal?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
abrax
abrax began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket PRO
Yes, I got a message from PayPal with subject "Payment refund from Astak Inc."
abrax is offline   Reply With Quote