Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #31
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourl29 View Post
yeah sure man, whatever...
If the sabot fits, wear it.

Look at yourself. A poster who claims to be a Kindle owner, a poster who in his short time on Mobileread has posted more in the Kobo forum than all other forums combined. A poster who not posted in any of the Kindle and related forums. A person who claims there are no current problems with Kindles -- all the firmware has been perfected, the screens are perfect, etc. A poster whose posts seem to be undisguised evangelism for Amazon's Kindle readers. Someone who seems to believe that the rather frequent firmware updates for the Paperwhite are not really needed. After all, going from 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 after the first month of release was just keeping the programmers employed. The subsequent updates to 5.3.1, 5.3.3 and 5.3.4 between the November 2012 release of 5.3.0 and the current 5.3.4 release was again just done for fun. So what does that come to? 5 firmware versions in 5 months?

As they say, if it walks like a troll, talks like a troll and smells like a troll, it is a troll.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 04-21-2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Toned down some content.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #32
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
yeah sure man, whatever...
No offense, it's just that you only have 12 posts and the last two that I read were pretty vicious attacks on Kobo with lots of bias. Take a look at the recent video reviews from Goodereader. You can see that the new aura front light is just as good as PW if not better. Heck the original Glo's light had fewer complaints than the PW had.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #33
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Fourl29 might find this Aura/PW comparison enlightening. I don't know about him but I would take the Aura's PDF handling over the PW pinch to zoom any day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPFf...e_gdata_player
Perhaps he can also find the night reading comparison where the Aura also outperforms the PW.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #34
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If the sabot fits, wear it.

Look at yourself. A poster who claims to be a Kindle owner, a poster who in his short time on Mobileread has posted more in the Kobo forum than all other forums combined. A poster who not posted in any of the Kindle and related forums. A person who claims there are no current problems with Kindles -- all the firmware has been perfected, the screens are perfect, etc. A poster whose posts seem to be undisguised evangelism for Amazon's Kindle readers. Someone who seems to believe that the rather frequent firmware updates for the Paperwhite are not really needed. After all, going from 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 after the first month of release was just keeping the programmers employed. The subsequent updates to 5.3.1, 5.3.3 and 5.3.4 between the November 2012 release of 5.3.0 and the current 5.3.4 release was again just done for fun. So what does that come to? 5 firmware versions in 5 months?

As they say, if it walks like a troll, talks like a troll and smells like a troll, it is a troll.

Regards,
David
My regards to you to David, although you are hardly making a case for what you claim, and you seem to have missed replying to my arguments instead of taking some sort of nebulous position against my posting.

That's how I felt like during my first days here. To express how happy I am with the kindle, and its relative merits over the kobo. So what? It's a free country. Feels great that others aren't making the choices on what I post about for me.

I am glad I didn't feel compelled to post in the kindle forums to esquire about an overgrowing list of bugs and general nuisances that I would have had I am quite sure with other devices. It feels great to be actually using a reader for a change instead of reading over forums to debug it. Feels like when I switched to os x from windows. If the shoe fits, the shoe is forgotten, to speak in your kind of parlance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
No offense, it's just that you only have 12 posts and the last two that I read were pretty vicious attacks on Kobo with lots of bias. Take a look at the recent video reviews from Goodereader. You can see that the new aura front light is just as good as PW if not better. Heck the original Glo's light had fewer complaints than the PW had.
Yeah no offense, first you try to offend me, then no offense. None taken anywa. But you are not going to twist things around and claim I have a bias or that my attacks are "vicious". I am calling it how I see it. I don't need to build a posting history to point out the many problems of the kobo and the many ways the kindle is superior to it. If I want my first few posts to be on this, my first few posts will be on this, simple as that.

Last edited by Fourl29; 04-21-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #35
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
If the shoe fits, the shoe is forgotten, to speak in your kind of parlance.
Boy, must your Kindle fit great, the way you can't stop going on about it.

Seriously, though, you become a member here the day Kobo announces a product that might be serious competition for the Kindle, and do nothing but criticize Kobo and praise the Kindle. It may be a coincidence, but you must excuse people for finding that hard to believe. The more so since you started out by accusing other forum members of being "shilling" for Kobo.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Boy, must your Kindle fit great, the way you can't stop going on about it.

Seriously, though, you become a member here the day Kobo announces a product that might be serious competition for the Kindle, and do nothing but criticize Kobo and praise the Kindle. It may be a coincidence, but you must excuse people for finding that hard to believe. The more so since you started out by accusing other forum members of being "shilling" for Kobo.
(ignoring your irony in the first sentence)

I still think quite a few here -although most certainly the minority- are paid shills from various companies. Or have some sort of vested interest or other. Nothing that's that much wrong about that, it's all over the web these days.

I 've had other members accuse me of shilling for amazon, I don't mind. As if amazon would hire people to do such blatant marketing in forums.

The fact that I registered close to the kobo releasing a new device and started criticizing it, has a simpler explanation. I 've been reading the forums on and off for a few years, and I happened to be reading some tech news site which reported on kobo's upcoming product.

Which again brought me here to the mecca of ereaders, and I thought might as well register this time. And because I 'd almost got mislead the other time and bought the kobo glo, something I 'd had dearly regretted with much frustration brought over by their mickey mouse software and customer service, I thought I might as well get a few points across to forewarn others.

There really is/was no contest between the glo and the paperwhite, and I don't know why I hadn't gotten that impression by reading the forums before my purchase. It seems if this thing was in part orchestrated by some, it was indeed very successful. The aura is another story, added ppi and real estate are very, very welcome to allow someone to put up with everything else that is poor otherwise, especially so the software, the customer service, the touch screen, kobo's store and, to a lesser extent, their light implementation.

I am still probably going to buy a kobo mind you for the added screen real estate and the higher ppi. I 'd love to have a look at it. But I am 100% sure whenever anyone else comes up with a similar screen I 'll ditch it.
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #37
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
(ignoring your irony in the first sentence)

I still think quite a few here -although most certainly the minority- are paid shills from various companies. Or have some sort of vested interest or other. Nothing that's that much wrong about that, it's all over the web these days.

I 've had other members accuse me of shilling for amazon, I don't mind. As if amazon would hire people to do such blatant marketing in forums.

The fact that I registered close to the kobo releasing a new device and started criticizing it, has a simpler explanation. I 've been reading the forums on and off for a few years, and I happened to be reading some tech news site which reported on kobo's upcoming product.

Which again brought me here to the mecca of ereaders, and I thought might as well register this time. And because I 'd almost got mislead the other time and bought the kobo glo, something I 'd had dearly regretted with much frustration brought over by their mickey mouse software and customer service, I thought I might as well get a few points across to forewarn others.

There really is/was no contest between the glo and the paperwhite, and I don't know why I hadn't gotten that impression by reading the forums before my purchase. It seems if this thing was in part orchestrated by some, it was indeed very successful. The aura is another story, added ppi and real estate are very, very welcome to allow someone to put up with everything else that is poor otherwise, especially so the software, the customer service, the touch screen, kobo's store and, to a lesser extent, their light implementation.

I am still probably going to buy a kobo mind you for the added screen real estate and the higher ppi. I 'd love to have a look at it. But I am 100% sure whenever anyone else comes up with a similar screen I 'll ditch it.
i take it by your love of amazon (and that you say the nook is in 2nd place), as well as your copious use of mickey mouse, that you are american. live in another country with no american address and then repeat what you said. i dare you.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #38
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
i take it by your love of amazon (and that you say the nook is in 2nd place), as well as your copious use of mickey mouse, that you are american. live in another country with no american address and then repeat what you said. i dare you.
My point exactly. The KPW simply isn't a very good option in pretty much any country that isn't the US.

While, yes, the Kobo firmware does have it's problems (more than the Amazon FW), it's also more flexible. The Glo supports far more file formats and uses a standard format that allows you to purchase books from any store (of huge importance if you don't live in the United States). I've had my Glo since they came out and I haven't experienced any problems that truly got in the way of reading.

It can be frustrating being a Kobo user, but if Kobo would just feature freeze and have 1.6 and 1.7 be pure bug fixing releases, they would easily be top dog for the Global market and be a real competitor in the US. I'm not here to play what ifs, though, and the simple fact that such die-hard enthusiasm for the KPW can practically only come from within the US ecosystem.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
...you seem to have missed replying to my arguments...
You aren't making arguments, you're sharing what may or may not be your own personal, anecdotal experiences. In your first few posts you did have a reader, you didn't have a reader, but were getting one, blah blah blah. No matter how anyone looks at it, some of these posts were dishonest.

Quote:
...That's how I felt like during my first days here. To express how happy I am with the kindle, and its relative merits over the kobo...
If you're so happy, why would you choose to share your opinions with people who's immediate reaction is to disagree and possibly dislike you? You aren't trying to spread happiness, you're trying to create discord and create negative reactions because that's what really makes you happy.

Quote:
...But you are not going to twist things around and claim I have a bias or that my attacks are "vicious"...
Nice how you inadvertently admit to making attacks, though claim they aren't vicious. What other kind of attack is there, if not vicious? Mediocre and amateurish leap to mind.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
@guma, excellent post.

ok, let's get a few things straight here:
Quote:
a. With the light at it's lowest the contrast is as good as any eink screen of this generation. Nothing against amazon there. With a light at any other setting amazon has the best contrast and the closest to paper in screen quality of any device on the market.
I've seen the PW and I've seen the T2. With the PW at it's lowest light setting, the T2 (to me) had a lighter background.

Quote:
b. The light does not have any issues whatsoever. Unless of course you have performed a product survey and would like to provide us with the results. The teething problems amazon had with the first month's batch of devices where quickly sorted out. Anyone can verify this with the latest reviews on the site. And it was never an issue anyway because amazon has a great customer service that you can keep sending kindles back until you had a good one. It does a huge disservice to other users who are looking to make up their minds to perpetuate this myth.
I am basing what I say about the PW light on what others here on MR have said about their PW and some have returned the PW multiple times due to issues with the light. There are photos posted on MR that do show some of the issues. According to PW owners on MR, it's not just a case of first month teething. It's happened after the first batch. In fact, several different batches.

Quote:
c. Touchscreen. I agree it's not the best, it's by far the best. It's a proper capacitive touch screen, not infrared, with fully integrated pinch to zoom, double tap to zoom features. It's extremely responsive and it makes for the easiest selection and highlighting of text out of any devices. Anyone can check a side by side video of kobo and kindle doing text selection. If in your opinion of course it's not the best, you are welcome to tell us which eink device has the best touch screen.
I cannot say how well the PW's touch works. But I can say that the IR touch of my 650 works very well. The T1's pinching to zoom also works well. The IR touch of the Kindle Touch works well too.

Quote:
d. Yes it is the best software, by far. Again you might want to tell us which ereader you think has the best software. I 've had zero bugs since day one, seamless upgrades, cloud syncing of my notes, easy send to kindle over the air from my browser and my computer, great cloud, a fast browser with minimal hick ups, etc. etc. ... It's not just the best software on an eink reader, it's far and away the best software on an eink reader.
I have seen the PW's interface on the Touch and I do think my 650's interface is better. The T1 can even download from overdrive without the need for a computer. The T1 can grab ePub from a cloud server such as Dropbox. Sonys just work. Kindles work too. But one thing, why is it that Amazon closed collections? Calibre can send eBooks to a Sony and create a collection/put books in an existing collection without the need for hacking the software. That to me does not make it the best software.

Quote:
Please don't confuse people here and get them to buy mickey mouse devices instead from mickey mouse companies. Kindle is second to none, and making a good effort close behind them is the nook, all the rest (sony, sadly included too, and I say sadly because it's hard to watch them drop the ball what with their potential), are lagging quite some way behind, and especially so the kobo, which is a laughing stock in terms of software development.
I've not had a chance to use a number of the Readers out there. So I cannot speak about them. But is the PW better then the Onyx I62HD Firefly or the Bookeen Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight? Those are comparable in hardware. But, I cannot speak for the software.

Quote:
Every other day I 've been using my kindle for the past few months, I 've been saying to myself, boy am I glad I finally bought an eink device I can really use and not debug instead, boy am I glad I didn't listen to some of these guys and didn't buy the kobo instead.
I'm debating on the Aura HD or not. It's really tempting. I agree that the PW can be used without worrying about bugs causing usability problems.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-21-2013 at 09:15 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #41
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I'm interested in the original topic and the added question Glo or Aura. Can we please leave Kindle out of it? That wasn't in the original question and nor is it in the question of Glo or Aura. Can we please stick to the topic?
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #42
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
As to the original question I think the Glo is a solid choice. My Aura is on the truck for delivery today, woohoo, so I can't speak about that device just yet. Since the PW was brought up, I will say that mine has been solid as well. It has a great screen and reading on it is enjoyable. While I enjoy it there are little things that, to me, make the Glo more enjoyable.

I like page numbers on sideloaded content, not location with some crazy number that means nothing to me. I like seeing how many pages left in the chapter I am reading on KePubs and I like tapping on the % read to find out how much time left in the current chapter, how long it should take me to read the next chapter, a graph depicting chapter lengths for the book, and time left to complete the book. I have never had an issue with my Glo. The screen has been responsive the software is nice and it does what I need. Customizable fonts are important to me because of my eye site. I was able to find a somewhat sweet spot on my PW, never able to find one on my Nook STG, but the Glo has given me the controls to find the perfect configuration for my eyes.

I can't speak of Kobo's customer service as I have not had the need (knock on wood). I can say that I have had mixed results with Amazon. When I bought my wife a 2nd gen Kindle it had an issue with the page turn button. I called and they overnighted me a new one. I shipped the old one back. Fast forward a year and my card gets hit for 369.00 and I call to ask why. They said I failed to return the other Kindle. I gave them the RMA number and date of the email stating they had received the old Kindle and Amazon apologized. Six weeks and several phone calls later they returned my money.
Wow now that I think about it I spent less money on two Auras then I did on that stinking Kindle. Oh well sorry about getting off topic. The Glo is a solid performing eReader that has become my go to device for consuming books. Hopefully, if you decide to go that route, you will be like me and have no problems nor complaints.

Mine is but a humble opinion and I would say keep researching to see what offers the features that are important to YOU and try to get your hands on one to take for a test run. There is no right or wrong device for everyone, there is only the right or wrong device for you. In today's world you are going to be bombarded with bias and fanboys and shills. When you can cut through all of that I am sure you find the reader that is right for you.

Sorry for the long diatribe.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #43
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is a poor pic of all three with the same book in the same font. It was a freebie in the stores so no conversion or sideloading.

PW then the Aura then the Glo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	104787  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #44
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Thanks for the picture
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #45
kikar
Zealot

Now that I have set up the Aura to my liking. My opinion would be if you can spare the extra cash the get the Aura. I am going to use my Glo as my traveling eReader but the Aura will be my main device. It is whiter, sharper, and snappier that any reader on the market that I know of. Just read through a few chapters of a book I was reading on the Glo and I am guessing the battery life is going to be much better considering I am averaging four less page turns a chapter. I just wish the had used the soft touch plastic to give it better grip. Oh well, guess I will have to order the sleep cover next.