Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2019, 02:37 PM   #961
umeshg
Connoisseur
umeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Sony DPTS-1
Where can you down loan the new upadate from

Thanks
umeshg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #962
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Digital Paper is on sale again on Amazon and B&H. $100 off.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #963
LarryNYC
Groupie
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Digital Paper is on sale again on Amazon and B&H. $100 off.
It doesn't seem like the smaller one is on sale for $100 off. I'm debating whether I should get the smaller one to go along with the bigger model.

Is the smaller one as responsive as the larger model?
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #964
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNYC View Post
It doesn't seem like the smaller one is on sale for $100 off.
$498
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BY...KIKX0DER&psc=1
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #965
ReaderUser
ReaderUser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Graphite), Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle DX Graphite
Been using mine ever since it came out. Good screen for outdoor use, although I hate that sensor grid.

Some minor specs of dirt and dust are on the screen now, as well as the bezel.

What are people using to clean the screen, assuming it's just minor dust and particles?

Last edited by ReaderUser; 07-14-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Punctuation
ReaderUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #966
LarryNYC
Groupie

There appears to be a new update to the firmware, 1.6.00.06240, while the latest one was 1.6.00.15110.

I was able to upgrade to the last one just a couple of months ago but now I cannot get the computer to connect to the Digital Paper using a USB cable. The red light is on at the end of the Digital Paper when connected via USB but the Digital Paper app will not update the Digital Paper device. Sigh.

I'm afraid to use the reset button because the instructions say that some handwritten notes can be deleted.

I tried turning off Wifi and Bluetooth and the device is still not seen by the computer when hooked up with a USB cable.

The version of my Digital Paper App on the Mac is: 1.4.3.17290

Any ideas? Has anybody updated to 06240? What did you gain?

Last edited by LarryNYC; 07-26-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:36 AM   #967
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
Quote:
There appears to be a new update to the firmware, 1.6.00.06240, while the latest one was 1.6.00.15110.

I was able to upgrade to the last one just a couple of months ago but now I cannot get the computer to connect to the Digital Paper using a USB cable. The red light is on at the end of the Digital Paper when connected via USB but the Digital Paper app will not update the Digital Paper device. Sigh.

I'm afraid to use the reset button because the instructions say that some handwritten notes can be deleted.

I tried turning off Wifi and Bluetooth and the device is still not seen by the computer when hooked up with a USB cable.

Back up your DPT (just select all in the DPA and copy to a safe location), then use the hard reset button. I was worried about loosing data when the tech told me to re-set, but he told me it was just a hard reboot. I lost nothing.

...but, always back up!
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #968
zizi86
zizi86 began at the beginning.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:

I think the problem is Mac OS.

I have both Mac and Windows laptops.

My Windows laptop has no trouble at all with Digital papers.

My Macbook pro 2018 can't connect to the digital paper through USB cable after the Mojave update a few months ago.

So basically you can borrow a windows computer to update firmware on your DPT.
zizi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #969
LarryNYC
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizi86 View Post
I think the problem is Mac OS.

I have both Mac and Windows laptops.

My Windows laptop has no trouble at all with Digital papers.

My Macbook pro 2018 can't connect to the digital paper through USB cable after the Mojave update a few months ago.

So basically you can borrow a windows computer to update firmware on your DPT.
Huh, interesting, thanks! I also own a Windows computer so I will load the Digital Paper App onto it and see if I can upgrade the firmware.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:04 PM   #970
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Did anyone notice a change in battery use on the new firmware? It used to be that if I left WiFi on, then after a week or so, the battery would be quite low. But now it seems that this is not the case and battery doesn't decrease much just because of WiFi...
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote