Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #1
ThanosNaranja
ThanosNaranja began at the beginning.

Device: Phone & Tablet
Cool Corrupted files

Couple of things:
1.) I will convert a *.docx to *.epub format and upload it to my Samsung Tab A 10. Open the file browser from the menu in FBReader Premium and find my book. The cover shows correctly in the list and the book opens normally and the next day it just shows a 'ZIP' file icon and won't open.

2.) Sometimes I get a message from FBReader than there is no plugin to open the book.

3.) all the books will open in the the Calibre reader on my laptop.

4.) Other questions:

Is it a bad idea to have more than one eReader on a device?

Does opening a eBook with one reader somehow corrupt an eBook for another eReader?
ThanosNaranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
These are questions best addressed to the developer of fbreader, or find another reading software to use.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #3
ThanosNaranja
ThanosNaranja began at the beginning.

Device: Phone & Tablet
I DO use several different readers and this is not about Calibre, it's about the Samsung Tab A 10 implementation of SD Chip Read/Write Processes. I have never had a problem with Calibre. I've had questions about Calibre, but not problems. I don't have problems with FBReader per se, but I have Questions about it that were addressed in the post.

I was simply hoping for a random on-topic reply.
ThanosNaranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:12 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
then...why...post in the Calibre forum? I suspect another subforum might be a more suitable place.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:12 AM   #5
McStubb
Connoisseur
McStubb began at the beginning.

Device: None
Probable bad SD card, find a new (reliably sourced) card and see if that works. Cheap, and imitation cards often have issues.
McStubb is offline   Reply With Quote