Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
Pumpernickel
sandwich
Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: none
Is the Likebook Mars still worth it?

I would like to know if the Likebook Mars is still worth buying as of now, in October 2019, compared to others on the market. I am mainly looking at it because it's cheaper than other similar devices.

Pumpernickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpernickel View Post
I am mainly looking at it because it's cheaper than other similar devices.
Yes: precisely so; and there you have your own answer. Why pay more if you are are looking for the same features?

I have it, I use it and I'm content.

Kind regards,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
toancv
Connoisseur
toancv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura Ed. 2, Kobo Touch
If you mostly use the third party apps then there is no reason to buy more expensive device. Likebook Mars should be the correct choice.
toancv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpernickel View Post
I would like to know if the Likebook Mars is still worth buying as of now, in October 2019, compared to others on the market. I am mainly looking at it because it's cheaper than other similar devices.
If you want a 7.8" screen. 6" with similar features, but without SD is Onyx Poke Pro.
I own both.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Yes, the new features on the Ares will not greatly improve the ereading experience, and the Ares costs a bit more than the Mars did when it first came out. The Mars is good enough that I don't feel the need to replace it with something newer.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #6
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
After posting here last night, I read in another thread that the Ares does not have an audio port. The audio port on the Mars comes in very handy for plugging in earphones for listening to music while reading. If that's important to you, then the Mars may be preferable.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #7
Pumpernickel
sandwich
Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: none
Thank you I just got it yesterday. Good device but I am having trouble getting a seamless experience reading comics and PDF scans of books. Any recommendations/help is appreciated
Pumpernickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #8
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@Pumpernickel Could you elaborate on the "non-seamless experience?" I had thought that the octocore 1.5GHz would be more than enough for processing, so would you mean something else?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote