Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-12-2021, 05:26 PM   #31
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I like my Logitech Crayon. It is significantly easier to hold and use with arthritic hands, and is flat so no chasing it around. I have an older Apple Pencil 1 and I was constantly having it roll away. Definitely like that the Crayon uses the same feature of the Pencil 2 which allows it to seamlessly work with multiple iPads.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #32
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I like my Logitech Crayon. It is significantly easier to hold and use with arthritic hands, and is flat so no chasing it around. I have an older Apple Pencil 1 and I was constantly having it roll away. Definitely like that the Crayon uses the same feature of the Pencil 2 which allows it to seamlessly work with multiple iPads.
Actually, I do believe the official Apple Pencil 2 still requires magnetic pairing when you switch iPads. I don't believe it supports seamless switching like the Crayon does.

Makes sense since the Apple Pencils were designed for single user while the Crayon was designed for the classroom were presumably kids could be writing/drawing on different iPads.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2021, 11:12 AM   #33
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I really don't care what the Apple Pencil 2 does or doesn't do. It is too pricey, so unless one wants a few more artistic features, then it isn't worth the extra money. I don't use the Crayon to create works of art on my iPads, so I don't need the few additional artistic features of the AP2. It is nice to have a device like the Crayon which is designed to emphasize functionality rather than form. Apple is still stuck on form over function, and unfortunately, they are still stuck on entertainment over computing power. The Crayon is a utilitarian device that gets the job done at a decent price. And it isn't made for tiny little elf hands either. I imagine the Crayon is much easier for young children to hold and manipulate than the AP2, and it is also easier for older folks with arthritic hands to hold and use.

I have to laugh when I see Apple's shiny, pretty devices then remember that to make many of them holdable one has to encase them in a protective non-slip case to add bulk and grip-ability. After all, I certainly wouldn't want a $1000 iPhone or iPad to squirt out of my hand like a sliver of a wet bar of soap and wind up in an expensive pile of rubble on the floor. I also don't like that the AP2 is so thin that I cannot hold it in any useful manner without adding a neoprene case, which of course would negate the whole magnet design of the AP2.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:46 PM   #34
AngryD
Enthusiast
AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad and Kindle 10G
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
My Ipad Mini 5 is faster than my ipad pro 11" (the 11 is so bad, I seldom use it). I'm waiting for the mini 6, but might consider the Air 4 if I can get Apple to trade my 11 in.
I thought Apple was cutting the mini line after the 5?

Also, crap. I think that's what I have is the 5. I said the 4 earlier.
AngryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:53 PM   #35
AngryD
Enthusiast
AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AngryD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad and Kindle 10G
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I really don't care what the Apple Pencil 2 does or doesn't do. It is too pricey, so unless one wants a few more artistic features, then it isn't worth the extra money.
Boy howdy you are not kidding, OtinG. My wife got me an Apple Pencil for Christmas because I was hoping to use it for note taking and organizing my fiction writing. Not only is it absolutely terrible as a regular stylus, the handwriting recognition is awful and the strokes for editing are so non-intuitive that it's easier to just use a friggin' keyboard.

To anyone seriously considering the Apple Pencil I would say: If you are not literally an artist who has a need to draw pictures, then I would not waste my time or my money with it. And if you are an artist who wants to draw or paint on a tablet there are cheaper and far better alternatives out there that will meet your artistic needs directly.
AngryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2021, 11:54 PM   #36
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryD View Post
I thought Apple was cutting the mini line after the 5?

Also, crap. I think that's what I have is the 5. I said the 4 earlier.
The iPad Mini 6 was just announced.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:21 PM   #37
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
The iPad Mini 6 was just announced.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/IPad_mini_6
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:33 PM   #38
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I just got mine yesterday. So far, so good.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:36 PM   #39
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I just got mine yesterday. So far, so good.
Great, enjoy! Add anything new to the wiki if you find something.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:41 PM   #40
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I have way too many ipads lol. Also got the Air in Rose Gold. Felt silly with three ipads so I traded in the Green and the 2018 pro and got 2021 pro in silver so now I just have 2 i kinda regret it for the green was stunning
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:07 PM   #41
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I have way too many ipads lol. Also got the Air in Rose Gold. Felt silly with three ipads so I traded in the Green and the 2018 pro and got 2021 pro in silver so now I just have 2 i kinda regret it for the green was stunning
Lol, including older models I kept as backup devices or for running older firmware, I’ve got more than 10.

Currently using 4 in active rotation (Air 4, 2021 Pro 11, 2021 Pro 12.9 & mini 6).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote