Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
jaqueh
jaqueh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1 Kindle-T
I just bought the Kindle Touch and the Sony T1

And i have noticed that for the various mathematical pdfs that I own, most of them are scanned pdfs, the T1 seems to have antialiasing whereas the Kindle Touch does not, making it far more difficult to read on the Kindle Touch as opposed to the T1. Is there some feature that i do not have turned on that may be causing this? Also is the library feature, in the US, basically equivalent between the two devices?
jaqueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqueh View Post
And i have noticed that for the various mathematical pdfs that I own, most of them are scanned pdfs, the T1 seems to have antialiasing whereas the Kindle Touch does not, making it far more difficult to read on the Kindle Touch as opposed to the T1. Is there some feature that i do not have turned on that may be causing this? Also is the library feature, in the US, basically equivalent between the two devices?
I can't comment accurately on the PDF issue as I do not have a KTouch. (I own a Kindle Keyboard and a brand new T1.) However, PDF support on the Sony seems to be generally better than other e-ink devices based on anecdotal reports here on the forum and elsewhere.

As for the library - the T1 can access libraries directly from the device. I believe you can access the library via the Kindle's browser, but it's not a supported feature the way it is in the T1.

Even though most US libraries offer both epub and Kindle books now, availability for epub is better and more consistent. Also, one particular publisher has started requiring that the Kindle version of their library books be sideloaded with USB rather than allowing them to be sent wirelessly via Whispernet, so keep that in mind. If library lending is something you'll be doing frequently, and a consistent experience is important to you, stick with the T1.

I love my Kindle dearly, but the T1 is just better for some stuff.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
Danny.B
Danny.B began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello everybody

In relation with Cadmus message about highlighting some part of a text (pdf or book) and taking notes, and then exporting the whole on the computer (for example in pdf), would you have more information ?

As the topic said the Kindle Touch and the Sony PRS T1 are probably the best e-reader available now. Which one do a better work in the use I've mentioned above ? Is it easier to exports highlights and notes with the Kindle Touch or the Sony PRS T1 ?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer
Danny.B is offline   Reply With Quote