Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
PW4

I managed to get the USB cable connected to the PW4... Question Does any ones USB Loose? Mine wiggles Side to Side
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have two Paperwhite 4's and the cables fit firmly. If it's really loose I think I'd contact Amazon.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think you are right...but dang I just got it a couple hours ago. What if they send me a refurb replacement
Old 12-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Return it without involving CS. Do a normal return, then buy one again.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Yep I thought of that after my other post.
As for buying another Nope don't think so.
Advert
Old 12-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Are u saying the cable that Amazon supplied is a loose fit, or one that you already had lying around.?
I have sometimes had poorly made cheap cables from eBay that are loose in some devices. I bin them and use ones that fit snugly
Do you have anymore cables to try with the pw4, before concluding it is faulty. Is the cable simply loose in the socket or does the socket seem loose in the device ?
And I trust you have not forced the cable in upside down ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

The usb is Loose. Yes I used the cable that came with it.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
If the socket is loose on the motherboard it needs to go back, as it will fail completely sooner or later.
If just the jaws of the socket are loose then squeezing them a bit closer together with tweezers or needle nose pliers is a possible workaround, rather than the hassle of a return.
You should be safe tryng that. It's within warranty and you don't need to admit to having tried the fix if it fails? You can return it as broken at any time in year 1.
Does it actually work if you don't wobble it, does it both charge and sideload ok ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:53 PM   #9
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think there's much chance you'll get a refurb with a device this new. I guess you never know.

Barry
Old 12-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #10
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I don't think there's much chance you'll get a refurb with a device this new. I guess you never know.

Barry
It the return rate is high because of poor battery life, etc., it can and has happened on newly launched kindles.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #11
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I wouldn't mess with the port at all, that would void the warranty. And if it's returned using the normal return process, Amazon may take issue with the fact that it has been tinkered with.

Just return it without messing with it.

Amazon does use refurbs for warranty replacement. That is why we've (on the Amazon forums) always suggest doing the normal return during the first 30 days. That way you can order another device if you want, and you know it will be new.

Refurbs are fine, I like to buy them in fact. But in a case like this, there is no point going through those hoops. Especially since it sounds like she isn't going to order another one.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Got a call from Amazon in Washington! Was a Tech!! I Did Not answer the call. I never requested them to call. Tech wanted to know what was broken why I gave it a 1 star.... sheesh
Old 12-20-2018, 08:49 PM   #13
barryem
Wizard

That sounds like a nice thing for Amazon to do. Why didn't you take the call?

Barry
Old 12-20-2018, 11:18 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I live in WV Not Washington State... I take it they just didn't like the 1 star I gave it.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #15
barryem
Wizard

What difference does it make where you live? Amazon is located in Washington state so that's where they called from.

Of course they didn't like the 1 star review and it seems they were probably calling to see if they might improve the situation. It sounds like you're bitter and looking for reasons to dislike them.

Barry