Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Highlights, notes and study techniques on 600...HELP!

To all those who have their new toys (600) and using it for academia....
It would be great to have a thread about techniques you use so others (like me ) can also get some tips in how to effectively use their readers.

I was hoping with touch edition I will get some good use for my research etc but so far not going well

although highlighting is great on the reader, not being able to export them to a doc. is a major #&*^ in the ass...I even tried to just highlight as I read and later use the ebooklibrary to go copy and paste to a doc. but it's a no go. just won't let you copy... doesn't matter if its DRM'ed or not...

as to annotation, without highlight export it becomes almost useless unless you are willing take long notes .....which i am not, as it would be easier to just print the documents and take notes....

so any ideas????

PS. sorry for the horrible English, it's 2 in the morning and tired from reading research papers for the last 5hrs....
lev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
adfines
adfines began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
I have the same problem as you... I've post it here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...637#post605637
Check it if someone says something about it... I think ("hope") it must be a way to do this!
adfines is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
It won't be better than a paper markup save for the fact that it doesn't involve paper but you can screenclip the display into OneNote if you have it. I do that for my meeting notes on the PRS600 to keep them in one place. Unfortunately no OCR as yet but better than paper flying around my office.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 AM   #4
kf6gpe
kf6gpe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Oh! Screen captures to Evernote are a great idea.

On my 700 I higlight or mark, and then at the end of the paper/book I'm reading I sweep the notes on the reader and put them on 3x5s... some go into my future file, others go into next actions. Kludgy, but it works, and I'm mostly an index card and Moleskin kinda guy anyway once I get away from the day job.

Emacs integration with the notes on the device would rock, though.
kf6gpe is offline   Reply With Quote