Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
dwhthompson
dwhthompson began at the beginning.

Device: psr-700
Adobe Editions - changing e-mail and deauthorizing computer

Hello:

I have two more question for the forum - you guys have been most helpful!

1. Is it possible to de-authorize a computer from my Adobe Digital Editions account?

I can't seem to find anyway to do it, but when trying to get my new PRS-700 to work on my vista 64, I registered an old 32 bit PC I never use and now that I have vista working, I would like to remove it from my 6 devices.

2. I would like to actually change the e-mail address I have used to set up my ADE account - however, I see that there is a warning that states if you change your e-mail this changes your adobe registration name.

If I change my e-mail, will I lose the 2 books I just purchased and registered with my current e-mail (adobe name)?

Thanks so much again.
dwhthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
dwhthompson

Okeydokey - well, I can answer my 1st question above now.

The magic unpublished command to de-authorise your computer is ctrl - shift - d!

Any advice on the second - changing your e-mail would be much appreciated
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
dwhthompson

oh - and one follow up question ...

If I can change my e-mail without losing content - will I be able to authorize my PRS-700 with the new adobe name/e-mail? Can you have more than one authorization per device? or does it simply overwrite the first?

Cheers again!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Yeah, I hate Adobe Digital Editions. It's such a crappy piece of software. Why can't they integrate it with Adobe PDF Reader?
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
yes, I have the same problem

I bought a book and I can't put it on my e-reader!

Bugger! I think it could be due to different email address?

hhhhmmmm?

so much for buying books
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
holtryha
holtryha began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a ton! i couldn't find the answer to that question #1 anywhere.
holtryha is offline   Reply With Quote