Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #16
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
In order to let the computer download the information you're asking for? :-)
Now that's a thought, let the computer do the work by itself. You know in forty five years of working with computers I didn't manage to find a single one that did what I asked with out writing code.

Scanning a bar code is fairly quick and you can take a portable device along the shelves same as you can with physical books, then feed the numbers into Calibre. Carrying the case to to the computer, undoing a case placing the CD in the drive, waiting for some program to do its thing, emptying the CD from the drive and putting it back in the case, then returning the case back to the shelf is a much longer process. People who are into Classical music often actually have fairly large collections, it is not a practical solution.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #17
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
a quick google search turned up this, it has an app to scan your barcodes on your phone. i dont use it so i have no idea what its like.

http://www.collectorz.com/music/music_catalog.php
This one looked interesting, $150 and it does ebooks, books much the same as Calibre plus music and movies. I wasn't too sure which version should be purchased. Basically the same database program with slightly different column names and look ups which is what I was hoping for from Calibre, which I trust. Unfortunately the trail version gave a network error and wouldn't install but thank you for the thought.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert