Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Barnes & Noble store

Is anyone else having a problem with the Barnes & Noble store today? I am trying to purchase through my web browser on the PC I click buy, the confirm window pops up, I click confirm the confirm window disappears and then nothing it's blank.

I assume it hasn't gone through because I get no receipt from them and nothing in my account history. I've tried in both IE and Chrome and get the same result. Its a pre-order book if that makes a difference but I've purchased them before with no problems.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm in the US and bought a few eBooks maybe half-an-hour ago.

Usually, when I have the problem you describe, I'm having an issue with my script blocker in Firefox. I also had to disable DNT+ (Do not Track) in Firefox for the B&N website.

B&N actually has a tracking company tied to the Buy/Confirm buttons, so you can't buy anything without allowing them to feed the data back to a tracking website.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the suggestions. I switched back to IE logged out logged back in and tried again still no go, the security bar down the bottom is telling me nothing is being blocked so I gave up on that book and found a freebie to test on and it worked no problem so it must be an issue with pre-orders.
The stuborn Pre-Order book
Old 11-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Did you look to see if it was in your library, anyway? I can't remember with pre-orders if they show up in the library as pre-orders or not until the day you can actually download them.

Or, check to see if it shows in your recent orders (the section under My Account, not your library)?

Maybe it's the re-direct that's not working...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It was cleared up within a few hours.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Because I have Firefox locked down, the BN buy buttons don't work for me on the basic pages. What I do to get around this is:

1) Login. I can't see the login pop up so I have to pre-login at the top.

2) Click 'Read Instantly' on the book cover

3) Once the book opens up, I click 'Buy' and it magically allows me to give them my money! What a concept!
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
melmac
Wizard

Checked this morning still not working it's not in my Library or recent orders I suppose I'll just keep checking back until they fix it.

@moviebird useful info thank you I will store that for future reference not applicable in this case though as you can't read instantly because its a pre order.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've had a few sites act up like that and traced the problem down to my HOSTS file (I use it to try and block most tracking cookies, works quite well except for a few sites that really want to track you). Try disabling your HOSTS file and see if that doesn't let you complete the purchase. Just rename it, adding an extension to it works. Then just rename it back when done.

And if you're using AdBlock, disable it also for the site, at least until you're done.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 AM   #9
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
If it's a pre-order, it won't be in your library until it's released. What normally happens when you place a pre-order?

If you've placed a pre-order before and this is acting differently, you might try asking somewhere in B&N's forums at http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/ (I'd guess either Nook Talk or Ask the Community or maybe one of the Support boards towards the bottom). At least one of the moderators is a B&N employee (I think they all are), and answers this sort of question all the time, and can get in touch with people who can dig in to your account.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
Schnauzermom
Schnauzermom began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I had this problem in Chrome, and updating the Java plugin took care of it.
Schnauzermom is offline   Reply With Quote