Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
xray1977
xray1977 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7 SD Card
NC CM7 apps?

ok so finally got my nc and just got it running cm7 on sd card, now what are some good apps to get and what are some settings and so fourth that i should have to make it run smoother if possible. appreciate any info, also when it comes to the apps in the marketplace are they free ?
xray1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
With cm7, you should have pretty much every app on the market available - some are free, some aren't. It is worth paying a few bucks for a good app, though. Support the developers!

To make cm7 run smooth, I like to run an "overclock" kernel - you basically are running the NC faster, so programs run a little smoother. The processor in the NC was manufactured to run at 1000mhz, but B&N slowed it down to 800mhz, probably to enhance battery life.

Most NC's can safely run at 1100 mhz, or even 1200 mhz. In cm7 you can go into "settings" then cm7, and adjust the performance there to speed it up. I think if you have the default "kernel", you can only bump the speed up to 975mhz. If you download from XDA one of Dalingrin's kernels, you can bump that up even faster. (Actually, Dalingrin made the kernel that cm7 comes with, too).
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
xray1977

cool just might bumped it up a bit then, now video playback ? doesnt seem to be the smoothest.. any recommendations ?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
What is your SD card like? The experience of cm7 from an SD can vary wildly depending on the sd card capabilities. Turns out the most important card capability is "random writes" (card class is apparently based on "sequential writes"). Although I don't think that the card would affect video play much. The latest kernels from Dalingrin had some improvements for video playback.

I have cm7 installed on my internal memory and find it to run much smoother ...
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
xray1977

sandisk 8gb class 4
Advert