Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
xray1977
xray1977 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7 SD Card
cm7 help ?

ok so just got my NC and looks like i put cm7 on the sd card and all,and everything looking good so far.followed some info from site here plus some videos, now when putting the gapps in the sd card do i unrar the files or just drag it straight to sd card to copy, any info would be appreciated,thanks in advance
xray1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
noaxis2
Enthusiast
noaxis2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted w/autonooter)
the zip file should be recognized and installed by cmw
noaxis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
xray1977

im holding the n button and power button and cant get this thing into recovery mode to install gapps, any info ?

got it to install, just redid everything and gapps is in, appreciate the help for those who have given any info

Last edited by xray1977; 05-07-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray1977 View Post
ok so just got my NC and looks like i put cm7 on the sd card and all,and everything looking good so far.followed some info from site here plus some videos, now when putting the gapps in the sd card do i unrar the files or just drag it straight to sd card to copy, any info would be appreciated,thanks in advance
Best to put cm7 and gapps on initially. Its a pain to add later.

I would do it again it is so quick, format your SD card (fat32) then follow this threads easy instructions.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...otable-sd.html

Also cm7.0.3 is out so you might as well use that if you didn't already. Get it here
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
xray1977

just did it from scratch and put everything at once and it worked n im loving it... now what is the most stable at the moment ? thought 7.0 was and if i wanted to go to 7.0.3 how would i go about that, Noob friendly way lol
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
just did it from scratch and put everything at once and it worked n im loving it... now what is the most stable at the moment ? thought 7.0 was and if i wanted to go to 7.0.3 how would i go about that, Noob friendly way lol
I would use either 7.0.2 or 7.0.3, the latter was confirmed as stable early today and I understand has some fixes over 7.0.0

My plan is to switch entirely to rooting and forget about the NC system. I haven't used it since I started with CM7. I am waiting for the autonooter which will make it as simple to do as it was to create the SD card. This should be available within weeks probably.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
xray1977

know if i go to 7.0.3 i do everything just like i did the first time around? and what about anything that i have downloaded ? not that its a very big deal
Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
goldberry
Groupie

Quote:
know if i go to 7.0.3 i do everything just like i did the first time around? and what about anything that i have downloaded ? not that its a very big deal
You can just put the CM7.0.3 zip file in boot portion of your SD card and then flash it by pressing N and power together until the read words come on and then release after about 5 seconds. I find trying to time doing this a pain and if you haven't many apps to re download to me its easier to just start over.