Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
bikerbet
bikerbet began at the beginning.

Device: htc incredible droid
Can't install calibre 7.49

Hi, I am new to Calibre and trying to install. I downloaded from website, which went to my documents, downloads. Then double clicked on calibre, mega zipper opened, but when I try to extract nothing happens, mega zipper just closes. I have disabled both norton security and avast temporarily but that did not help. I am not real computer savy. I did read through this forum but did not find any posts with the same exact problem. Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
bikerbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Assuming you are running on Windows, then you should not be trying to extract anything from the downloaded file - merely trying to run (open) it.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
bikerbet

When I double click on calibre in downloads, it automatically opens mega zipper and I tried just clicking on calibre in that but nothing happens.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
bikerbet

Additional info - using windows xp and firefox.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbet View Post
Additional info - using windows xp and firefox.
Megazipper has (incorrectly?) hijacked .msi extensions or you are downloading the wrong OS version of the installation.
If you have the version ending in .msi in your download directory:
you might change your open with settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XPopenwith.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	68216  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
bikerbet

Thank you theducks - that worked and I learned something for the future.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #7
pamelah1953
pamelah1953 began at the beginning.

Device: Nextbook 3 8.4
Smile pamelah1953

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to get Calibre onto my Nextbook 3 8.4 ereader?
It works fine on my computer but i don't know how to get it on my ereader.
I do have Aldiko but Calibre is easier to use.
pamelah1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:21 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
A quick search seems to imply that is an Android device. Calibre supports (some) Android devices for its send to device- feature, but you cannot run Calibre on an Android device, only on Win/Linux(*nix?)/OSX computers. There have been several requests to port Calibre to Android, but seeing the resource consumption on PCs for complicated tasks like converting, I don't think there will be a port anytime soon, if ever.
Edit: If you want to use your device with Calibre, try connecting it via USB while Calibre is running. If it detects the device, you can just send books over. If the device isn't detected, you can help get it supported.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote