Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
spygirl971
spygirl971 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
PRS-650 Problems

Afternoon, I need major help please if someone can. Firstly I admit I am technologically challenged.

I got a PRS-650 back in November & set it up at that point to make sure it was working ok as I was getting it as a present. Everything was fine, opened it yesterday morning & it worked fine at the start & I copied across some new books. Then at some point yesterday everything has stopped. There are books on the reader which I can read but I now can't access reader library on my laptop. When I plug in the reader it charges but when complete it won't let me remove it as I get a message about Windows Generic volume etc etc in use, please try later. If I go into my documents on the laptop I can see the books but when I double click on them to open nothing happens. I was told re-install, so did that but the installation says it can't continue as Adobe Digital Editions is open and in use but there are no open programs on my laptop & I don't have Adobe open

Can anyone please help as I haven't a clue what I am doing & am getting more stressed by the second
spygirl971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I don't have an answer to your problem but wanted to bump this thread in case someone can help.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does Reader Library show when you try to run it? The 650 does not need to be connected.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Hmm, if I were in your shoes, I'd start over from scratch: un-install the Sony Reader Library Software, uninstall Adobe Digital Editions, reset the Reader. Then re-install, re-authorize, and rebuild your collection of books in the library. Some will call this the 'nuclear option' but if you don't have many books on the Reader, it's not that time consuming.

one tip: Don't run both ADE and the Reader Library at the same time with the Reader connected. (Not sure if you did, but I do know that might cause problems).
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
spygirl971

Thank you. Reader Library won't open on the laptop whether I have the Reader connected or not.

I didn't have ADE open, that's why I was so surprised that message came up.

I'm going to try uninstalling & starting from scratch. Need to check how to reset the reader. Have seen people refer to a soft reset & a hard reset. I presume it's a hard reset I need to do so I need to read up on how to do that

Really appreciate all your help
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
spygirl971

Ok, I uninstalled everything & started from scratch & still no joy.

The Reader Library is located at this address but still doesn't open
"C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Data\bin\" with a Target Location of "bin" & a Target of "C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Data\bin\Reader Library.exe"

Does that sound right?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
This sounds right.
Maybe there are remainings in "kinoma" configuration folders under "documents and settings".
Enable windows explorer to show hidden and system files and search for "kinoma"
You should find one or more occurences(in different places depending on your OS)
Rename them or move them to recyledbin.
Start Reader Library, the folders will be recreated with default settings.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
spygirl971

Thank you. I've tried that & it's working. It's still not transferring some files but I've just purchased a book & transferred it without any problems so I'll just ignore the ones it didn't transfer.

Again, I appreciate all the help & advice & Happy New Year to you all
Old 12-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Glad you got it working!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote