Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
useless to you :-) for those of us who can not use collections (requires connect software and usage of internal memory which also requires connect software) then compatibility with collections is irrelevant :-)

BTW whats with the pac book is that what your currently reading?
Yes I do use collections and if the delete books patch doesn't work, I cannot use it. And there are a LOT of people who use collections as well.

PAC book?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #32
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Great hack, works as advertised! This one should be made more prominent for I am sure a lot of people would love the ability to directly delete books on the Reader.
Agree 100%. I've installed the clock (only one I have been interested in before this). Could some of you good computer types incorporate this into the general hacks such that one could pick & choose like has already been done with several others?
Thanks,
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Great hack, works as advertised! This one should be made more prominent for I am sure a lot of people would love the ability to directly delete books on the Reader.
This hack should be put away and left put away. It's dangerous. Unless you make 100% sure people know and well never ever forget that you cannot delete books inside of a collection then you'll end up with your reader in an endless loop. And that is a major issue for people who would have no idea how to fix that problem. Can it be fixed by just turning off the reader and then turning it back on? Does anything get damaged like your collections or your last page markers and bookmarks? What are the issues? We need to know this before this hack is publicized too much. I say we delete it and let it go until we know what's what.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #34
jaffer1979
Enthusiast
jaffer1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: SonyPrs-500/Palm T|X
Well I installed it using the hack builder. It works great for me. I however don't have or use collections. Honestly I don't know how to make a collection?? I have bought book bundles from Connect (the Michael Connelly one they have been pushing), and it didn't become a collection when I downloaded it and put it on my reader am I missing something? For me the ability to keep my booklist stream lined and the sense of accomplishment of being able to delete a book after finishing is awesome!

Maybe someone could fill me in on this collections thing?
jaffer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #35
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You create the collections in the ConnSoft: At the lower left corner of the ConnSoft screen you'll see a + mark. That creates a collection. You name it whatever you like, and it lets you put books into it, and order them as you'd like for them to appear in the collection. You can also pull the entire collection back and forth to the Reader.

However, the books still show up in the Library and Books views, and if you delete a book in a collection, it doesn't delete it, it just removes it from the collection. True deleting has to be done from the Books or Library views.

That's the nutshell version.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #36
jaffer1979
Enthusiast

Awesome thanks alot. Yeah I don't really think I will be using that I would rather be able to delete after I am finished. I generally rename books so I can tell what order to read them in anyways lol. I really appreciate the response!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This hack should be put away and left put away. It's dangerous. Unless you make 100% sure people know and well never ever forget that you cannot delete books inside of a collection then you'll end up with your reader in an endless loop. And that is a major issue for people who would have no idea how to fix that problem. Can it be fixed by just turning off the reader and then turning it back on? Does anything get damaged like your collections or your last page markers and bookmarks? What are the issues? We need to know this before this hack is publicized too much. I say we delete it and let it go until we know what's what.
Don't you think that "hacks", by their very nature, will generally be installed by people with a reasonable level of technical knowledge? The worst that can happen is that you're going to need to do a soft reset, and I would hope that anyone who's reflashing their Reader would know how to do that.

Just give people a warning and trust to their common sense. All these hacks are "use at your own risk" type things at the end of the day.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #38
jaffer1979
Enthusiast

I agree whole heartedly. Not to mention if you knew to come here for the hack you probably know to come here for instructions on how to do any of the many recovery procedures listed on this forum. I love this forum!! I have had just as much fun coming to this site and learning from you guys about what I can make my reader do as I have actually using my reader for what it is intended :-D !
Old 09-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffer1979 View Post
I really appreciate the response!
You're welcome, jaffer1979, glad to help out.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:05 AM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffer1979 View Post
Awesome thanks alot. Yeah I don't really think I will be using that I would rather be able to delete after I am finished. I generally rename books so I can tell what order to read them in anyways lol. I really appreciate the response!
While you can rename the actual file for the book, you cannot rename the book inside of the file. The DRM for bought Connect Store books prevents this. So you still have the issue of what order to read them in. I too bought the Michael Connelly Bundle and the titles do not have any sort of book number. So unless you know the order or have created a collection and put them in the proper order, you may end up reading out of order. With that bundle, I surely would have to go to my computer to figure out what book to read next.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 AM   #41
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
OMG I thought I was the only anal person who missed a delete function. I kept telling myself that there's no real reason to delete read books (or really sucky ones I don't plan on finishing) other than that I like the feeling of it.

I love this forum.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #42
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
For me, it's not needed, but would be really nice for two admittedly silly reasons...
1) I like the tidy feeling of deleting the book I finished (or quit), because it's something that doesn't sit there and bother me in the list of books anymore
2) I like the feeling of deleting a book I've read, in the same way I will occasionally write a to-do item after I complete it, just so I can check it off. It's not logical, but it feels so good!
Sort of like Bob, once read I like to get it out of there, Just a tidy thing with me.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...add1/grin2.gif
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote