Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Smile Fun Fiction For Smart Women (New Ebooks!)

Hi Readers,

Thank you for the opportunity to tell you about some recently published ebooks, available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords. I think Smashwords is such a cool site but only have a Kindle 2 myself, so I'm wondering what those with other reading devices think about Smashwords. Please let me know!

LEAVE ME GASPING is the first title in a series featuring female sleuth Del Jakes. A childhood friend is missing and Del travels home to coastal Florida. In a whirlwind of clues and revelations, the sleuth and her cohorts move from a grungy marina grill to a luxurious waterfront enclave; Sound side towns to Gulf side mangrove thickets; suspicion to trust; despair to hope—and grief to love.

Smashwords.com

Amazon.com

barnesandnoble.com

ESCAPING CELIA is the story of Carly O'Shea, whose long-awaited solo vacation is derailed when her mother, aunt, and relentless cousin Celia invade her seaside cottage. Stir in a snarly runaway teen, a hot guitar player, a cool Southern boy, a gun-toting matron, and a wise boardwalk barista—and you’ve got the kind of summer stew that gives everybody heartburn!

Smashwords.com

Amazon.com

barnesandnoble.com

Great-Beach-Reads.com

Last edited by TC Beacham; 01-16-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Updated desc. and added barnesandnoble link
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I love Smashwords because you can get books in many different formats, and you only pay the price set... Amazon charges an extra $2 for international readers, and you need a kindle to read their ebooks...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Lene,

Came across this thread--thanks for answering the Smashword question. I'd kind of been wondering about how people felt about it for a while (I've downloaded a few books with no problems, but I know it can be a hassle to set up multiple accounts for buying books. I hadn't seen much discussion about it here yet.)

Good to know.

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I love Smashwords because you can get books in many different formats, and you only pay the price set... Amazon charges an extra $2 for international readers, and you need a kindle to read their ebooks...
Good to hear! I don't come across too many people who know about Smashwords, but I'm trying to spread the word.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!

In the opening post of this thread I mentioned Smashwords, a site that I think is great with a founder who stays at the cutting edge of the growing ebook publishing industry.

I want to share a couple of recent articles by Mark Coker of Smashwords for those who aren't familiar.

Smashwords Year in Review, Plans for 2010

Smashwords: Book Publishing 10 Years in the Future (Interesting predictions!)

Also read today that Apple will launch it's Tablet on January 27th, with shipping in March. I have a feeling 2010 will be awesome for mobilereaders!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, TC Beacham

I've just added your two books to my cart at smashwords for my next batch purchase.

Thank you so much for publishing on a site that allows all our members to purchase. As you have probably noticed, we are an international forum of many devices. Having the multiple format choice, no DRM, and no geographic restrictions allows for all our members to support MR authors.

We love to support authors who participate in our forums and who take note of the international membership and variety of devices we own.

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #7
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!

Thank-you dreams!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!

Finally got listed at Barnes and Noble for all you Nook readers. Still haven't seen a Nook in the wild but I'm looking forward to it - love the color covers!

Beacham at BarnesandNoble.com
Old 01-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Your books sound good, TC, I will check them out on smashwords (which I also love).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Your books sound good, TC, I will check them out on smashwords (which I also love).
Thank-you lilac jive!

Tags
ebooks, fiction, kindle, smashwords, women