Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
PV window size

Howdy - just mullin' over a possible change to sigil....

I wasn't able to find a way to set the PV window to a specific size. Yes, I could drag the corners/sides, but I couldn't tell the exact size of the window in pixels.

It would be nice to set that window to my target device display size (eg iphone 7+: 1080 x 1920 pixels) so that I can get a better feel for how the book will flow.

Ideally there would be an area in preferences where I could select the default size of the window from a list of common devices, or set a custom size... it would default to that size when un-docking from the main sigil window, or when the PV view is first selected.

If that is not feasible, is it possible to include the window size in the header or status bar so I can drag it to the proper dimensions?

Thanks!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
I was kind of intrigued by this suggestion, so I decided to do an experiment. I undocked the preview window, then imported a screenshot from my Galaxy (which I seldom use for reading epubs anyway; but I had one handy) into a blank book. Resized the preview window to match the screenshot, and (I think) had basically what you were suggesting.

If your device doesn't have a screenshot function, you could create a nice graphic using your favorite graphics program in the correct size and import that instead.

Just an idea.

Last edited by JustinThought; 07-17-2017 at 09:25 AM.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I will look into getting the current window size and adding it to the title bar. I just have to figure out how to do that.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
wrCisco
Enthusiast
wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wrCisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In the meanwhile, you can get the size of the PV by typing [window.]innerWidth and [window.]innerHeight (without brackets: 'window.' is optional) in the JavaScript console of the PV's Development Tools.

You can't set a new size, and you must retype the command every time, but at least you get it.
wrCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I will look into getting the current window size and adding it to the title bar. I just have to figure out how to do that.
Great! Thank You!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Just committed the change for the Preview window title to provide height and width information. It should appear in the next release unless it ends up causing problems (which I doubt but you never know ... )

Hope this helps
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Thanks so much Kevin!