Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Chapter Head Text Over Image

My CSS skills are basic
I am trying to mimic the printed version.

I have an Image that is used on every chapter
On that (in the lower 1/3) I want the chapter digit (text). see attachment

The problem is if I re-flow (zoom) on my reader text, the digit moves out of place (ugly).

How do I stop the re-size of just this text (64 Images is not the answer type I want )

Existing coding :
Code:
/* Overlay Chapter digit  */

/* the code  withe the problem */

<p class="calibre5"></p>

<div class="overall">
    <p class="big1 calibre8 middle"><br />
    &nbsp;<br />
    &nbsp; 1</p>
  </div>

<p class="calibre8 sgc-2"><br class="calibre2" /></p>

/* ========== the CSS pieces ============*/
  div.overall {  
	display: block;
	background-image: url("../Images/image02.gif");
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	background-position: center;
	height: 424px;
	width: 180;
  	position: relative; 
    top: 10
    }
div.middle{
	position: relative;
	margin-top: 5	
	}

.big1 {
    display: block;
    font-size: 5em;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin-bottom: 0.5em;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: .5em;
    text-align: center;
    text-indent: 0
    }
	 .calibre8 {	
    font-style: italic
    }
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	overlaytext.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	57542  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Specify the font-size for the text in pixels.
Attached Files
File Type: epub image_test.epub (5.4 KB, 349 views)
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Specify the font-size for the text in pixels.
It still moves, BUT it stays put (centered)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about changing the font size, not using the zoom function. I never used zoom, so I don't know how that works. Can you get away with using font sizes instead of zooming or is it something not available on Astak?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
dmapr
Evangelist

Just tried zoom on my reader, and it seems to work fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen161.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	57545   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen162.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	57546  
Attached Files
File Type: epub image_test.epub (5.4 KB, 359 views)
Old 09-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Just tried zoom on my reader, and it seems to work fine.
Maybe it is Sigil? I need to send to my reader, I am making the changes to the epub now
Old 09-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
dmapr
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Maybe it is Sigil? I need to send to my reader, I am making the changes to the epub now
You'll post the end result, right?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Specify the margins in pixels as well.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
You'll post the end result, right?
ADE (on my reader) won't center images (known) that heading, but the rest WORKS as desired.
Calibre viewer renders the font a bit funny, but it works there.

Are you referring to the code? (PM if other)
Old 09-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
dmapr
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
ADE (on my reader) won't center images (known) that heading, but the rest WORKS as desired.
Calibre viewer renders the font a bit funny, but it works there.

Are you referring to the code? (PM if other)
No, sorry for misunderstanding — I meant the end result of the investigation, i.e. the report of how successful it was on the reader — and that you did

Bummer about the centering… perhaps at some point the ADE in your reader will be updated?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
No, sorry for misunderstanding — I meant the end result of the investigation, i.e. the report of how successful it was on the reader — and that you did

Bummer about the centering… perhaps at some point the ADE in your reader will be updated?
II was less than clear on the results.

VERY GOOD. The digits (the text), stay right where I wanted them at reasonable Zoom points (even at Zoom 5, the highest on my PEz. And the image is part off screen at that zoom )
Much