Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Other than mapping your network drive, not really.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
If I understand correctly, when your library is on your network drive the only thing that doesn't work is the open containing folder option?

What is the current mapping of your network drive?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-24-2010 at 12:37 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #18
matanic
Enthusiast
matanic began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Aura H2O
Never mind, I'm an idiot. YES, my network drive is mapped and has been since shortly after I got this computer. HOWEVER, apparently I installed Calibre BEFORE I mapped the drive and Calibre was pointing to the networked drive and not the mapped network drive. It never occurred to me to check that because the drive was mapped. All problems solved.

But in answer to your question, yes the only thing that didn't work was the open containing folder option (and every variation of this).

By the way, I know hitting the O key worked before on this computer so apparently with older versions of Calibre, it wasn't necessary that the drive be mapped.

Last edited by matanic; 06-24-2010 at 10:14 AM.
matanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by matanic View Post
By the way, I know hitting the O key worked before on this computer so apparently with older versions of Calibre, it wasn't necessary that the drive be mapped.
This is true, while it was not Kovid's intention to support UNC paths to network drives it does seem that they worked until 0.7.x. Kovid has stated that the fact they worked previously was a happy bug but not a feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote