Fsk error, code = -13

my Sony PRS 600 no longer synchronises and I get this message
Fsk error, code = -13

any ideas?
Brian Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Hi Brian,
i've moved this thread to the Sony forum where it will be more visible. I'm sure one of our resident geniuses will be able to help you.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
sol_barbez
sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
If you have any memory cards plugged in, could you take them out and see if you get the same error? Just to test.
sol_barbez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
Xaphiosis
Connoisseur
Xaphiosis doesn't litterXaphiosis doesn't litterXaphiosis doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1
I think there's some issues with the filesystem. I had something similar happen last night when I was repeatedly using rsync to get stuff onto the reader, unmount, run the code, plug in, get the logs from the run, and rsync again. Eventually my filesystem got into a situation where I got something like "Invalid memory state... formatting", which should erase all data, but the reader fails at that. Trying to erase some files resulted in "cannot perform operation: read-only filesystem". So I looked at the logs inside the reader, and indeed there was some kind of filesystem error.

Honestly, I think that's pretty lame, simple reading/writing to the system messing it up like that. If it's the same problem I'm having, try run chkdsk or some kind of filesystem check program on the reader's memory. If that doesn't work, get what you can off it and format it. Alternatively, try unplug and plug in again via USB... for reasons unknown that seems to help.

Then again, I'm not 100% certain my error was -13, it might've been -43, but just in case trying a checkdsk on the reader's internals (READER) won't do any harm. Good luck!
Xaphiosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Charles View Post
my Sony PRS 600 no longer synchronises and I get this message
Fsk error, code = -13

any ideas?
The above answer was pretty technical, and requires Mac OS X Terminal or Linux. You haven't stated your technical level of knowledge.

So I will be pretty basic. The "fsck" is a "File System Check" program. It is a program that checks for errors on your internal storage and plugged-in SD Cards. It found a problem and bailed. It should have actually tried to repair. Maybe it did and failed; not sure what Sony has installed exactly.

The "remove your SD card" is the easiest solution. Take out the "file system" that's the problem, and the problem disappears! Otherwise you're left with using Linux/Mac OS X Terminal to try to repair (which I have never tried).

Run an "fsck /Volumes/Reader" on Mac OS X or "fsck /media/Reader" on Linux (note that you may have to substitute your actual Reader name (try "ls /Volumes" to get it) in those previous commands. You may also have to do a "sudo fsck /Volumes/Reader" which means run as super user. The fsck will both check and attempt to fix the file system. If it fails, you're stuck with sending the Reader in.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert