Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Send to Kindle for Google Chrome - 4 Weeks Proves It's Best of Breed

Four weeks ago, to little fanfare, Amazon released Send to Kindle for Google Chrome.

At first glance it seemed a minor variation on an already plowed theme, hardly different from essay reading tools available for a while from www.readability.com, www.instapaper.com, and www.klip.me.

All three just mentioned have a lot of web sites they handle well -- and a lot they don't work on at all.

On the first day, I found one web site Amazon's tool did not work on -- the New York Review of Books (nybooks.com).

Since then -- perfection. Everything else I try with the Amazon tool works. I still need readability for the New York Review of Books -- and for the indispensable www.longform.org. But Amazon's tool has a way higher success rate than anything like this I have ever seen.

Perhaps competitors will up their game to support more sites. But, this month at least, Amazon's freebee is the best freebee. If you don't use the Chrome browser on your PC or Mac, it's worth trying just for this.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
i just switched to chrome last night, as firefox was seizing my computer up for the millionth time, so i'll give this a go, cheers
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'm ready for the Firefox and Android version of this!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote