Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
rozie123
Enthusiast
rozie123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Book Editing

I am fairly new to this technology (just got the PRS505 for Xmas), and I have some books that I downloaded to the Sony Library. I notice that some are rather "messy" and defiitely need "cleaning up." How do you edit? Can you edit? If so, how?

Also, I downloaded the ConvertLit Gui. Do I also have to download the original ConvertLit? I am really a novice here and appreciate all the help I can get.

Also, I have a question about "Book Designer." I notice that the language is Russian. Is it in English once it is downloaded, or is there some way to get an English translation?

Thanks for any help you can give.
rozie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Probably best to see the "Content" sub-forum - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112

ConverLit GUI includes the command-line ConvertLit (clit.exe)

BookDesigner (note: it's a matter of installing the main app then updates over the top) does have an english UI, but I can't recall what you need to do to select it - an option on first run, I think?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't use the ConvertLIT GUI. It doesn't work the way you need.

Get the FULL convertLIT and use it from the command line to JUST Strip the DRM so youend up with a LIT that is DRm free. Then use lit2lrf to convert that to LRF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
As for books from Sony (your Sony Library), they are not editable. You can call or email Sony Customer Support. At best they have in the past refunded the price of the book.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
Mr Wolf,

ConvertLit GUI contains the Convertlit exe. I have used this several times to strip out DRM and had no issues.

Just thought I ought to clarify is all.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0zza View Post
Mr Wolf,

ConvertLit GUI contains the Convertlit exe. I have used this several times to strip out DRM and had no issues.

Just thought I ought to clarify is all.
The GUI only explodes the LIT which makes it useless for lit2lrf.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
Only if you let it. You can just strip out the DRM and keep it in LIT format.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
rozie123
Enthusiast
rozie123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
I have bought several books in .lit form. I have used the Convertlit Gui to remove DRM only. It's worked like a charm!

About Book Designer: is it as complicated as it seems? Also, if the book in its original format is fairly normal, is it the conversion to LRF that messes the formatting up? I don't mind a few errors, but when I see a page with one or two lines, then it skips to the next page for the rest of the paragraph, well, that is kind of making me nuts!
rozie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Sometimes Book Designer does get the ToC entries wrong. So you do need to scroll through the file and fix any titles/subtitles that are not correct and fix any titles that need to be fixed and insert any page breaks you need/want. It's not all that hard. It's not worse overall then using Word to edit an ebook except for the few things it can get wrong.