Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
MRi
MRi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question Combine x-pdb files into one Epub

I have a free book that consists of x parts (all PDB files).
Is there a way to manage those x parts as one book?
Or just to combine them into one book?

I need to convert them at all, because the PDB format isn't supported by my reader.
MRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRi View Post

I need to convert them at all, because the PDB format isn't supported by my reader.
You need an editor. Pick an editor you are familiar with and use calibre to convert to a format the editor will handle. Then merge the books in the editor.

For example, you could convert to html, then put all the books into a single html with an html editor (or do it manually).
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Convert each one to EPUB or HTML.
Then save all the converted books (parts) to Disk (a work folder)
Open the first one in Sigil
In the Book Browser: "Add Existing Items", one at a time (the order in the list, is the viewing order).

Adjust to taste
Save
Add completed book to Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
MRi
MRi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
You mean the the Google editor project Sigil?
OK I see.
MRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
You mean the the Google editor project Sigil?
OK I see.
The one right below this forum (I believe it is a Google code project)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert